Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Petrotech-2019, the 13th international oil & gas conference & exhibition
PETROTECH–2019, the 13th International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition, being organised under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India.
India’s flagship hydrocarbon international conference is expected to be inaugurated by Prime Minister of India. Over 95 Energy Ministers from partner countries have been invited by the Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas to participate in the Conference.
Details of the event:
- The PETROTECH 2019 exhibition will focus on development in technologies for exploration & production, process control, refining and pipeline and services, systems, products, oil field hardware, software, analytical instruments, Renewable, R&D, HSE, training and publications of technical literature.
- It is expected to see participation of over 86 eminent speakers and 7000 delegates from around 70 countries, including technologists, scientists, planners, policy-makers, management experts, entrepreneurs, service-providers and vendors.
A unique travelogue series ‘Rag Rag Mein Ganga’ launched on Doordarshan
Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, launched travelogue program “Rag Rag Mein Ganga” and quiz show “Meri Ganga” on Doordarshan.
More about the program:
- The travelogue series “Rag Rag Mein Ganga” has been made by Doordarshan in collaboration with National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG).
- The 21 episode series, covering River Ganga’s journey from Gomukh to Gangasagar, has been shot using state-of-the-art techniques including Drone Cameras and Go-Pro Cameras in HD Format.
- The show relays the message of the need of rejuvenating River Ganga while also informing about the efforts of the Government to clean Ganga – presented in a unique and interesting format.
Government announces hike in research fellowship
With effect from January 1, 2019, Central Government has enhanced the fellowship of Ph.D students and other research personnel enrolled in any area of science and technology, including Physical and Chemical Sciences, Engineering, Mathematical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Life Sciences, Pharmacy etc.
- The hike in fellowship will directly benefit over 60,000 Research Fellows and also provide a template to the States to consider increase in their fellowship rates.
- Fellowship of the Junior Research Fellows in the first two years of Ph.D programme is increased from the current rate of 25,000/- to Rs.31,000/- per month. Similarly, in the remaining tenure of Ph.D, Senior Research Fellow will get Rs. 35,000/- per month instead of the present Rs.28,000/- per month.
- Further, there is substantial 30-35% enhancement in the financial rewards for the scientists involved in the R&D projects as Research Associates. The top bracket of Research Associateship is fixed at Rs.54,000/-. All the research fellows are also entitled to HRA as per Central Government norms.
- Ph.D scholars, working in science and technology, are the most significant contributors to the knowledge base of the country for its industrial competitiveness, academic vibrancy and technology led innovations.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|Hydrocarbon Exploration Policy|
|The Organization Of The Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)|
|Sustainable Development Goals|