Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
India Urban Observatory & Video Wall
India Urban Observatory & Video Wall Inaugurated in Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs( MOHUA)
- As cities begin to implement ‘smart’ solutions, data becomes a significant asset and enabler for data driven Governance, leading to urban transformation, therefore Indian urban observatory will plug the myriad sources of data from cities, both from real-time and archival sources.
- “The Observatory will help in getting reliable, up-to-date information on a meaningful set of indicators over various domains such as transport, health, environment, water, finance and so on, which will further assist in developing best practices, future strategies and policy interventions as and when required”
- The India Urban Observatory is an important component of the recently launched Data Smart Cities strategy that envisions to create a ‘Culture of Data’ in cities, for intelligent use of data in addressing complex urban challenges. The strategy aims to lay down the basic premise, three foundational pillars People, Process, Platform, and a suggested roadmap for cities to improve their readiness for intelligent use of data.
- Video Wall, it will showcase the insights gained from the Observatory and the various Missions/ offices with the idea to proactively engage with citizens/ visitors in spreading awareness about the various initiatives.
India Bags First Prize at The International ‘Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019’
The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has won the First Prize in the category of TV Cinema Spot at the prestigious international Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019.
Following promotional films / television commercials produced by the Ministry as part of its Incredible India 2.0 Campaign received the awards:
About Golden City Gate Tourism awards:
- The Golden City Gate Tourism Multi-media Awards are given annually in various categories related to the Tourism and Hospitality sectors. The ‘Golden City Gate’ is a creative multi-media international competition for countries, cities, regions and hotels.
- The entries received for the awards are judged by an international jury comprising film and tourism experts. The annual award ceremony takes place at ITB Berlin, the world’s leading tourism trade show.
About Incredible India 2.0 Campaign:
- The Ministry of Tourism has launched the Incredible India 2.0 Campaign in September 2017.
- The 2.0 Campaign marks a shift from generic promotions across the world to market specific promotional plans and content creation.
- Thematic creatives on different Niche tourism products have been produced and are being used in the Campaign, to cater to diverse consumer interests.
- These include the above Television Commercials on Yoga, Wellness, Wildlife, Luxury and Cuisine, which have been very well received the world over, registering about 155 million views on social media.
- The commercials have been produced in English with voice-overs in 9 international languages, viz. German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic.
Read previous Best of PIB here.