Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
ABHEDYA -Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Training Facility
Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff commissioned a state of the art “Nuclear, Biological, Chemical (NBC) Training Facility – ABHEDYA”, at INS Shivaji, Lonavla.
- “Abhedya”, Sanskrit for impenetrable, will help train personnel of naval ships fitted with nuclear, biological and chemical detection and protection systems.
- This unique facility will assist Indian Navy in providing realistic simulation of Nuclear, Chemical & Biological warfare to its personnel during their NBC damage control training, which till now was limited to theoretical training largely.
Induction of Chinook Helicopters
The IAF formally inducted the CH 47 F (I) – Chinook heavy lift helicopters into its inventory at Air Force Station Chandigarh.
- IAF had signed a contract with M/s Boeing Ltd in September 2015 for 15 Chinook helicopters.
- These helicopters will be deployed in the Northern and Eastern regions of India.
- The addition of heavy-lift CH 47 F (I) helicopter is a significant step towards modernisation of Indian Air Force’s helicopter fleet.
- The helicopter has been customized to suit IAF’s future requirements and capability roadmap.
- The helicopter has a fully integrated digital cockpit management system, advanced cargo handling capabilities and electronic warfare suite that complement the aircraft’s performance.
- The helicopter is capable of airlifting diverse military and non-military loads into remote locations.