Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
NSIC signs MOU with Ministry of MSME
- The National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
Significance of MOU
- The MOU envisages provision of enhanced services by NSIC under its marketing, financial, technology and other support services schemes for MSMEs in the country
- The Corporation projects to increase Revenue from Operation by 22%.
- NSIC also projects growth of 32% in Profitability during the year 2019-20.
- The Corporation also plans to enhance its activities in the areas of imparting entrepreneurship and skill development training by targeting 45% growth in the number of trainees.
National SC-ST Hub
- The scheme of National SC-ST Hub being implemented by NSIC on behalf of the Ministry of MSME,
- NSIC will be a continued endeavour to provide assistance to SC/ST entrepreneurs through different interventions and various outreach activities with the overall objectives to increase their participation in public procurement.