Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Health Ministry organises national workshop for PRCs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is organizing a two-day orientation workshop for Population Research Centres (PRCs) to highlight the various features of the flagship schemes of the Health Ministry.
Population Research Centres (PRCs)
- The Population Research Centre (PRC) is an interdisciplinary community of scholars engaged in population research and training.
- The major objectives of the Centre are to conduct and promote research in population studies; and to assist the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi with policy input and feedback on population and health issues.
- The main financial support for the Centre comes from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW), New Delhi.
- MoHFW has established the network of 18 Population Research Centres (PRCs) spread over 17 major States/UTs
- The PRCs are autonomous in nature and administratively under the control of their host University/Institutions.
- They are also involved in other studies given by Ministry such as Concurrent Evaluation of NRHM conducted by the Ministry
- In addition, they also monitor important components of NHM Programme Implementation Plans.
- Till now, the PRCs have completed more than 3600 research studies since inception. They have more than 110 research papers published in prestigious international journals.
MMTC achieves record performance during 2018-19
During the year 2018-19, revenue from operations increased by 76% to Rs 28979 crore from Rs 16451 crore during last year.
- MMTC Ltd., Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India, is one of the two highest earners of foreign exchange for India and India’s largest public sector trading body.
- Not only handling the export of primary products such as coal, iron ore, and manufactured agro and industrial products, MMTC also imports important commodities such as ferrous and nonferrous metals for industry, and agricultural fertilizers.
- MMTC’s diverse trade activities cover Third Country Trade, Joint Ventures and Link Deals and all modern forms of international trading.
- The Company has a vast international trade network, spanning almost in all countries in Asia, Europe, Africa, Oceania, America and also includes a wholly owned international subsidiary in Singapore, MTPL. It is one of the Miniratnas companies.