Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam.
November 16th, 2019 PIB:- Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Visiting Chair on Interdisciplinary Approach to Electoral Studies 2. National Agrochemicals Congress concludes 3. 6th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems 4. Regional Conference on Replication of Good Governance Practices concludes
Visiting Chair on Interdisciplinary Approach to Electoral Studies
- Election Commission of India has decided to establish and fund a Visiting chair on interdisciplinary approach to Electoral Studies in the Centre for Curriculum Development at India international institute of Democracy and Election Management(IIIDEM), New Delhi.
About the initiative
- The chair is being established to commemorate and celebrate Sh T N Seshan’s special connect with the young and aspiring India,
To read more about former Chief Election Commissioner T N Seshan: Click here
- The Chair will be mentored by Sh N Gopalaswami Former CEC.
- The Visiting Chair programme will be targeted to young academics with proven track record in fields relatable to electoral studies.
- The Chair will also be expected to curate one National Level Seminar on specific aspects of Electoral Studies.
- The Visiting Chair will also supervise designing and development of interdisciplinary curriculum/ modules for further training and research at the IIIDEM.
- The Election Commission of India established the India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM).
- The Institute is an instrument for the ECI to continually keep its tools of election management and democracy sharp, ready, and up-to-date.
- Major Objective
- To train the electoral machinery in the delivery of free, fair and flawless elections.
- To orient stakeholders of the democratic and electoral systems toward possibilities of better and more productive delivery therein.
- To explore and expand the horizons of intellectual know-how in these fields.
National Agrochemicals Congress concludes
The four day long National Agrochemicals Congress with the theme Country’s Status on Various Fronts of Agrochemicals concluded.
About the National Agrochemicals Congress:
Click here to read
- Labelling of pesticide indicating the mode of action
- Check the status of country’s preparedness in invasive exigencies,
- To rethink on restrictive banning of pesticides in view of risk-based considerations,
- Formulate policy regarding data protection of imported technical pesticides,
- Formulate policy for introduction of safe nano-formulations and
- Empowerment of farmers through training and extension.
6th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems
- Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare inaugurated the Sixth National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations.
About the Summit
- The Summit saw the launch of SAANS (Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully) campaign
- The web portal for home-based care of children including newborn visited by ASHA, was also launched at the Summit.
- The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, GoI holds National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Healthcare Systems in India annually
Objective of the Summit
- To recognize, showcase and document various best practices and innovations adopted by States and UTs for addressing their public health challenges and to improving their health outcomes though better implementation of programmes under National Health Mission (NHM).
About SAANS campaign
- The launch of SAANS campaign i.e. “Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully” is to control Pneumonia.
- This campaign will mobilize people’s for protecting and preventing children from pneumonia; and health personnel, governments & other stakeholders to prioritize treatment towards the control of Pneumonia — one of the most fatal childhood illnesses.
- Under the SAANS campaign, new interventions have been included like a child suffering from Pneumonia will be treated with
- Pre-referral dose of Amoxicillin by ASHA
- Pulse Oximeter will be used at the Health and Wellness Centre for identification of low oxygen levels in the blood and if required treated by use of Oxygen.
About web portal for home-based care of children
- This portal has all the resource materials (training materials, IEC videos, audios, banners, posters etc.) for the home visits of ASHAs.
- The portal will also be used to monitor the progress of programs regarding home visits by ASHAs and referral of sick newborns, an intervention considered globally as game changer to improve child survival and also improve nutritional status and overall development of children.
Regional Conference on Replication of Good Governance Practices concludes
- The two-day Regional Conference on ‘Replication of Good Governance Practices in UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh organised in Jammu concluded.
- ‘Sushasan Sankalp: Jammu Ghoshana’ resolution was adopted in the onference.
About Sushasan Sankalp
- The Conference resolved that Government of India and the participating State Governments and the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh shall collaborate to:
- Develop the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh as models of administrative excellence using digital technologies in implementation of welfare Union Territory programs;
- To make sustained efforts to create a transparent, accountable and people-centric administration in the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh;
- Improve the Citizen’s interface with Government by promotion of digital governance, citizen centric governance, innovation and capacity building in the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh;
- Refine and consolidate the successful local Governance initiatives and upscale them across Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh to bring out the best outcomes of Governance and Public Policy to the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh;
- To improve the grievance redressal mechanisms by forging greater synergy between Awaaz e-Awam and the CPGRAMS;
- Promote the use of e-Office and move towards less paper Secretariats in the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh;
- Promote capacity building and personnel administration by formulating mid-career training programs and specific need-based training programs for officials in the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh;
- Replicate the innovations and the best practices in successful national governance initiatives including digital governance, citizen centric grievance redressal and aspirational districts so as to provide a clean, transparent and people centric governance to the UTs of J&K and Ladakh.
|UPSC 2020||UPSC Current Affairs|
|Monthly Magazine for UPSC Current Affairs||UPSC Current Affairs Quiz|
|Government Exams||UPSC Prelims Exam|
November 16th, 2019 PIB:- Download PDF Here
Read more PIB articles here.