Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam.
DHARMA GUARDIAN – 2019
- Joint Military Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN-2019 between India and Japan will be conducted at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Vairengte, Mizoram.
About the exercise
- Indian Army and Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) will participate in the exercise with an aim to share experience gained during various Counter-Terrorism Operations in respective Countries.
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
- Notably, in the series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN with Japan is crucial and significant in terms of security challenges faced by both the nations in the backdrop of global terrorism.
- The scope of this exercise covers joint training on counter-terrorism operations in the jungle and urban scenario.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defence co-operation between the Indian Army and the Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) which in turn will further foster the bilateral relations between the two nations.
SARAS Aajeevika Mela Inaugurated
- Union Minister of State for Rural Development inaugurated SARAS Aajeevika Mela.
About the Mela
- SARAS Aajeevika Mela is an initiative by the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) and Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD).
- The objective of this initiative is to bring the rural women Self Help Groups (SHGs) formed with the support of DAY-NRLM, under one platform to showcase their skills, sell their products and help them build linkages with bulk buyers.
- Through participation in SARAS Aajeevika Mela, these rural SHG women get vital national level exposure to understand the demand and taste of urban customers.
- The Mela is organised by the marketing arm of the Ministry, Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology (CAPART).
- Workshops for the rural SHG women would be conducted during the Mela, which will help them to enhance their knowledge and sharpen their skills in bookkeeping and GST, product design, packaging, marketing/e-marketing, communication skills etc.
The annual convention of the CIC
- Union Minister of Home Affairs Shri Amit Shah presided over the annual convention of the Central Information Commission (CIC) as Chief Guest.
Central Information Commission
To read about the topic: Click Here
Read previous PIB articles here.