Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam.
Joint Committee Meeting Under MOC on healthcare
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare co-chaired the 1st Joint Committee Meeting (JCM) in Tokyo under the 2nd Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) signed on Healthcare and Wellness in 2018.
The MoC covers the following areas of cooperation:
- Promoting specific projects in the field of acute medicine, surgery and trauma care including a focus on new areas of competency in each field.
- Establishing an advanced joint testing laboratory for clinical examination and a Japanese language education centre for trainee candidates of care workers.
- Developing of Infrastructure for a centralised management healthcare distribution centre, India-Japan Innovation Hub in India, establishing manufacturing units in India under “Make in India” for high-end medical devices.
- Developing human resource, research and project promotion for health self-management.
- Any other areas as may be mutually decided upon to promote the synergies between AYUSHMAN Bharat Programme and other initiatives and AHW
Takeaways of JCM
- The Joint Committee reviewed the status of ongoing activities under the MOC and noted with satisfaction the progress on activities.
- During the meeting, Japan presented specific projects between public/private agencies of both countries in the area of
- healthcare logistics,
- utilization of ICT (Information and communication technology) in tertiary hospital care
- human resource exchange in the field of emergency medical care and trauma care
- establishment of healthcare innovation network between India and Japan.
- India presented various collaboration project proposals for consideration of Japan including collaboration in
- Human Resource Development and cooperation amongst tertiary care centres between India and Japan
- building Hospital infrastructure through JICA
- The field of traditional medicine, especially to recognize Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia
- Developing high standard generics and medical devices with a focus on establishing manufacturing units in India under the ‘Make in India’ programme
- cooperation in skill development in the area of geriatric care
10th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2019
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) 2019, will be concluding after visiting, Rewa in Madhya Pradesh.
About Sanskriti Mahotsav
- The festival began in 2015. It showcases the rich cultural heritage of India. It includes classical and contemporary handicrafts, painting, arts-folk, sculpture, etc. It covers the fusion of folk art forms from 22 states and will offer the best chance to experience the emerging virtuosity.
- For Five years consistently, the festival has been receiving continuous acclaim for playing a major role to effectively connect the conglomeration of state audiences to the rich, diverse and undiscovered culture of India under the umbrella of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- The festival brought together more than 400 performers to perform over various folk dance forms and showcased handicrafts created by master craftsmen from all over India clubbed with, diverse cuisines prepared by traditional chefs, all under one- roof.
Significance of the Mahotsav
- The aim is to promote the engagement of different states and UTs to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse culture.
- This will secure stronger unity and integrity of India.
Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat
The following are the main objectives of the initiative
- To celebrate unity and diversity of the Nation
- To promote the spirit of national integration
- To showcase the rich heritage and culture, traditions and customs of the country
- To establish long-term engagements
- To create an environment that promotes learning between states
India-Philippines Business Conclave
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, addressed the India-Philippines Business Conclave and the 4th ASEAN-India Business Summit in Manila, Philippines.
Agreements between India and Philippines
India and Philippines have entered into four agreements which includes
- Science and Technology,
- exchanging of white shipping data that includes identification and information about the movement of commercial and non-military vessels
- The president’s visit coincides with the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- Agreements between both countries will not only strengthen the bilateral relations but also put an impact on China and its dominating image in the region.
- The Philippines can emerge as one of the most focused countries for India’s corporate business expansion. India and Philippines economic-ties can achieve new heights.
- India is hoping to get defence cooperation and participation in weapon modernization of Philippines.
- Several Indian companies are looking for investment opportunities in the health, innovation and pharma sectors.
|UPSC 2020||UPSC Current Affairs|
|Monthly Magazine for UPSC Current Affairs||UPSC Current Affairs Quiz|
|Government Exams||UPSC Prelims Exam|
Read previous PIB articles here.