Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam.
‘Jaldoot’ Exhibition flagged off
- ‘Jaldoot’ a travelling exhibition arranged by Regional Outreach Bureau, Pune under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting was flagged off.
- To tackle the water crisis looming the country, the Government of India launched the JALSHAKTI ABHIYAN, a water conservation campaign focusing on 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts across the country.
- The Regional Outreach Bureau, (ROB), an office under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, takes care of various outreach activities and development communication needs of the Central Government.
- ROB in association with MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) is launching the Jaldoot campaign.
- The ROB has redesigned the bus, to create the Jaldoot: Travelling Exhibition on Jalshakti Abhiyan.
The Jalshakti Abhiyan focus on five key aspects:
- Water Conservation and Rain Water Harvesting
- Renovation of Traditional and other Water Bodies
- Reuse of Water and Recharging of structures
- Watershed Development
- Intensive Afforestation
|UPSC 2020||UPSC Current Affairs|
|Monthly Magazine for UPSC Current Affairs||UPSC Current Affairs Quiz|
Read previous PIB articles here.