Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the extension of timeline for implementation of the Special Package under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) for Jammu & Kashmir for another period of one year during 2018-19.
- This will help in covering all the vulnerable rural households in the State (estimated at two thirds of the total number of households) within a definite time frame.
- It will ensure mobilization of households under the auto inclusion category and households with at least one deprivation category listed in the Socio Economic Caste Census – 2011.
- It will also ensure coverage of all the blocks in Jammu & Kashmir under DAY-NRLM and ensures social inclusion, social development, promotion of livelihoods leading to poverty alleviation in the State.
- The Special Package as approved in May 2013 could not be fully implemented due to unavoidable reasons and disturbed conditions in the State.
- The State Government has requested Government of India to consider extension of the earlier approved implementation schedule of the Special Package and continued funding of DAY-NRLM in Jammu and Kashmir on a demand driven basis without linking allocation with poverty ratio during this extended period.
- The approval by the Cabinet will give a boost to the vulnerable rural families in Jammu & Kashmir.
Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna
- The ESI Corporation has approved a Scheme named “ATAL BIMIT VYAKTI KALYAN YOJNA” for Insured Persons (IP) covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948.
- This scheme is a relief payable in cash directly to their Bank Account in case of unemployment and while they search for new engagement. Detailed instructions including eligibility conditions, application format, etc. will be issued separately.
- ESI Corporation has approved the proposal for reimbursement of Rs. 10/- per person to the employers to encourage the seeding of Aadhar (UID) in ESIC database of their workers and their family members. It will curtail the multiple registrations of same Insured Persons and thus enable them to avail the benefits requiring longer contributory conditions.
- ESI Corporation has approved the proposal for relaxing the eligibility conditions for availing Super Specialty treatment has now been relaxed from earlier insurable employment of 2 years to 06 months with contribution requirement of only 78 days.
- The eligibility for availing Super Specialty treatment for dependents of Insured Person has now been relaxed to insurable employment of one year with 156 days of contributions. This relaxation will immensely help the Insured Persons and their beneficiaries to avail Super Specialty treatment free of cost as per revised eligibility.
Ambassadors of Skill India Campaign
- The Hindi film stars- Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma, have been signed on to promote and endorse the Skill India Mission.
- The duo, through their film ‘Sui Dhaaga– Made in India’, are saluting India’s entrepreneurs and skilled workforce, especially homegrown artisans, craftspeople and weavers who are making the country proud the world over.
- Varun and Anushka, the star cast of the film, have partnered Skill India and will dedicate time to promote India’s skilled talent and their fine work by engaging with them across different parts of the country.
- The Skill India Campaign has brought about multiple policy interventions though its Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Policy, comprehensive changes in the Apprenticeship Act of 1961 and introducing the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) which together aims to provide best-in-class training to our workforce and formally recognize their skills. MSDE’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) program under PMKVY recognizes the skills and experience gained through years of working, bringing about a major shift from un-organized sector to the organized sector.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.