The Food Corporation of India (FCI) conducts exams for several posts like the Medical officer, General Manager and Assistant General Manager in various departments. The exam pattern for the Medical officer, Assistant General Manager and General Manager posts is given below. Candidates can visit the official website of the Food Corporation of India to get more information pertaining to the upcoming exams. Recent updates related to the FCI exam pattern for various posts will be made available here.
Aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming FCI Manager exam can visit the following links to know more about the syllabus, how to apply online etc.
|FCI Manager Syllabus||FCI Manager|
|FCI Manager Apply Online||FCI Manager Result|
|Qualifying Marks for the FCI Assistant Manager and Medical Officer Online Test for Various Categories|
|S.No.||Category||Marks (in percentage)|
The exam pattern for the FCI Assistant Manager and Medical officer posts is given in the table below.
|Exam Pattern of the Online Test for the FCI Assistant Manager and Medical Officer Posts|
|Post||No. of questions||Duration||Exam Pattern|
|Assistant General Manager (General Administration)||180||150 minutes||General Aptitude consists of:
|Assistant General Manager (Technical)||180||150 minutes||
|Assistant General Manager (Accounts)|
|Assistant General Manager (Law)|
|S.No.||Name of the Post||Number of Questions and Marks|
|1||Assistant General Manager (General Administration)||General Aptitude:
|2||Assistant General Manager (Technical)||A. General Aptitude:
B. Relevant Technical Discipline:
|3||Assistant General Manager (Accounts)|
|4||Assistant General Manager (Law)|
Interview & Document Verification
Candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks in the online test will be shortlisted for the interview based on the number of vacancies.
- Generally, the number of candidates called for the interview is three times the number of advertised vacancies, but if the number of candidates is less than 3 times the number of advertised vacancies, then all candidates who qualify in the online test may be called for the interview.
- The weightage given to the online test and interview is 90% and 10% respectively.
- There will be document verification at the time of Interview. Only after the successful completion of the Document Verification process, candidates will be allowed for the interview. Candidature of a candidate will be cancelled if the candidate is unable to produce valid documents.
- Valid documents (as prescribed in the official notification) should be produced during document verification.
- Candidates can download their call letter for the interview from the official website of the FCI i.e. fci.gov.in. The venue, time & date of interview and document verification will be given in the call letter for the interview.
- The FCI will not entertain any requests pertaining to change in date, venue etc. of Interview.
- The Food Corporation of India (FCI) can change the date/ venue/ time/ etc. of the Interview.
- Candidates will be selected based on the marks scored in the online test as well as interview.
Exam Pattern for the Post of General Manager
The selection process for the post of General Manager (General, Depot, Movement, Accounts, Technical, Civil Engineering and Electrical Mechanical Engineering) comprises online test, interview and training, whereas the selection process for General Manager (Hindi) comprises online test and interview.
Scheme of Online Test for Phase 1 and Phase 2
The online test will be conducted in two phases i.e. Phase 1 and Phase 2. Phase 1 is common for all irrespective of the post. The exam pattern of the Phase 1 online test is given in the table below.
Exam Pattern of the Phase- I Online Test
|Exam Pattern of the Phase- I Online Test|
|S.No.||Name of the
|Duration of the Exam||Medium of the Exam|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes||English|
|2||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
|35||35||20 minutes||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
Points to Remember: Phase 1 Online Test
- Phase 1 online test will be of objective type comprising multiple choice questions (MCQs)
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- There will be negative marking. 1/4th of the mark assigned to the question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Marks obtained in Phase 1 will not be included to determine the final merit ranking.
Exam Pattern of the Phase- II Online Test
|Phase 2- Number of Papers for Various General Manager Posts|
|Number of Papers||Post(s)||Description|
|Two PaperExam||Paper I and
Manager (Civil Engineering)
Manager (Electrical Mechanical
one of these posts have to appear in Paper-I, which will be followed by Paper-II.
Paper – II will be held in
|Paper III and
This post have to appear in
Paper-III, which will be followed by
& Paper-IV will be held in
|Exam Pattern of the Phase- II Online Test|
|Type of paper||Number of Questions/||Maximum Marks||Duration of the Exam|
|Paper – I||120 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||1 mark each – Total 120 marks||90 Minutes|
|Post specific Paper-II (in phase II)||60 Multiple Choice Questions||2 marks each – Total 120 marks||90 Minutes|
|Paper-III for the Post of Manager (Hindi) Post Code-H )||120 Multiple Choice Questions||1 mark each – Total 120 marks||90 Minutes|
|Paper-IV (Only for the Post of Manager (Hindi) Post Code-H )||1 Passage for translation from Hindi to English
1 Precis Writing in English
1 Passage for translation from English to Hindi
1 essay in Hindi
|30 marks each – Total 120 marks||90 Minutes|
Points to Remember: Phase 2 Online Test
- Paper-I is common for all posts.
- Online tests for Paper – I & Paper – II and Paper – III & Paper IV will be held in single sitting.
- Paper-I (Duration – 90 minutes) (120 Marks):
- 120 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of General Aptitude comprising Reasoning, Data Analysis, Computer Awareness, General Awareness, Management and Current Affairs for the post of Manager (General / Depot /Movement / Accounts / Technical / Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering).
- Paper-II (Duration – 60 minutes) (120 Marks):
- 60 Multiple Choice Questions on General Accounting and Finance for candidates applying for Manager (Accounts)
- 60 Multiple Choice Questions on Agriculture, Food Science and Technology, Agricultural Engineering & Bio Technology for candidates applying for Manager (Technical)
- 60 Multiple Choice Questions on Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering for candidates applying for Manager (Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering).
Candidates preparing for other government exams can refer to the links given below.
|Government Exams Related Links|
|RBI Grade B||RRB Notification|
|SSC CGL Registration||SBI PO Admit Card|
|LIC AAO Salary||IBPS|
|Bank Clerk Salary||IBPS PO Result|
|Largest Dam In India||SBI SO|
|Government Exams Related Links|
|RRB PO||SSC JE Admit Card|
|Bank Clerk Salary||SSC Syllabus|
|IBPS PO||RRB JE Notification|
|IBPS PO Prelims||IBPS PO Application Form|