Aspirants have to clear CTET exam or Central Teacher Eligibility Test for employment in any government school at the state or central level. This exam is a highly competitive exam for aspiring teachers in this country.
Given the popularity of this exam and its noble profession, many candidates choose to give it along with the UPSC exam. Hence, let’s take a look at some of the details of CTET.
Aspirants looking forward to appearing for the state and central level exams in the country can get details of the Government exams in India at the linked article.
Kickstart your preparation for upcoming competitive exams now and complement it with the links given below:
CTET Exam Dates – 2023, 2022, 2021
CTET 2023 exam dates have been announced by CBSE. Aspirants can find the official notification for the 2023 CTET exam on the official website.
The 2023 exam dates are as follows:
|Date of Notification||27 April 2023|
|Online application Date||27 April 2023 to 26 May 2023|
|Last date of fee submission||26 May 2023|
|CTET exam date 2023||July 2023 to August 2023|
CTET 2022 exam was conducted from December 28, 2022 to February 7, 2023. The official notification was released on 31st October 2022.
CBSE had scheduled the CTET 2021 Exam from December 16 to 17, 2021. However, CBSE had postponed the CTET exam date 2021 to January 17 and 21, 2022.
CTET 2023 Notification
CBSE has released the CTET 2023 notification for July and candidates can check all major details related to exam in the notifcation.
Candidates can download the official notification from CTET website or below.
CTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Every exam comes with some eligibility criteria, and CTET is no exception. The eligibility criteria for this exam is as follows:
- The eligibility criteria for the CTET exam is that nationals of India, Bhutan, and Nepal become eligible for the test.
- Candidates must be aged at least 17 years.
- CTET educational qualification for classes I-V teaching stage requires meeting any one of the following parameters:
- An applicant should have finished their Senior Secondary attaining minimum 50% marks and should have passed a Diploma in Elementary Education (2 years) or appeared in its final year.
- One should have cleared Senior Secondary attaining a minimum of 45% marks and passed or appeared for the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education as per the NCTE Regulations, 2002.
- Any applicant should have cleared Senior Secondary attaining a minimum of 50% marks and meets any one of the following criteria:
- Passed or is appearing for the final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B. El. Ed.)
- Passed or is appearing in the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
- One should have graduated and passed or is appearing for the final year of two years of Diploma in Elementary Education.
- CTET educational qualification for classes VI-VIII teaching stage requires meeting any of the following eligibility requirements:
- An applicant should have cleared Senior Secondary acquiring a minimum of 50% marks and should appear for or pass the final year of 4-year B.A./ B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/ B.Sc.Ed.
- One should have graduated with a minimum of 50% marks and appeared or passed in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
- An individual should have completed Graduation and Passed or is Appearing for the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Any applicant should have graduated with a minimum of 45% marks and Passed or is appearing for the 1-year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed), as per NCTE regulations.
- The applicant should have completed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and is appearing for or passed the 1-year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed) degree.
CTET Online Application Form
Follow the below steps to apply online for CTET 2023 exam:
- Visit the official website of CTET – https://ctet.nic.in
- Click on the Apply online link
- Fill in the online application and note down the registration number/application number
- Upload latest photograph as per requirement
- Pay application fee via the medium allowed – net banking, credit or debit card
- Download the confirmation page for future reference
CTET Registration Forms
There will be two types of form that need to be filled while applying for the exam.
- Authentication form – This form need to be filled to provide information regarding State, Identification type , Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth and Gender.
- Online Application form – This form need to be filled to apply for the exam and this form need to be saved for future references.
Photograph Requirements for Online Application Form
- Uploading of scanned Photo and Signature are mandatory.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 to 100 KB
- Image Dimension of photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Size of scanned signature should be between 3 to 30 KB.
- Image Dimension of signature should be 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (height).
CTET Exam Application Fee
The exam application fee for CTET 2023 is as follows:
|Category||Only Paper I or II||Both Paper I & Paper II|
|SC/ST/Differently Abled Person||Rs.500/-||Rs.600/-|
CTET Exam Pattern
The CTET exam pattern for both papers are given below:
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based Online Examination||Computer-Based Online Examination|
|Duration||150 minutes||150 minutes|
|Total No. of Questions||150||150|
|Grades||Preliminary (Grade I to V)||Elementary (VI to VIII)|
|Question type||Multiple-Choice Questions||Multiple-Choice Questions|
|Topics Covered||Child Development and Pedagogy
Languages I and II
|Child Development and Pedagogy
Mathematics and Science
|Marking System||1 mark is granted for every correct answer / no negative marking for wrong answer||1 mark is granted for every correct answer / no negative marking for wrong answer|
- The subject related to Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on the educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6 to 11 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
- The topics in Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
- The topics in Language II will focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
- The medium of exam will be bilingual – Hindi/English
To know about the detailed CTET exam pattern, check the linked article.
The syllabus for the CTET exam is as follows:
There are 2 papers a candidate has to appear for, and they are Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Some of the essential topics for Paper 1 are as follows:
|Child Development & Pedagogy||
The syllabus for Paper 2 is as follows.
|Child Development & pedagogy||
|Social Studies/ Social sciences||
CTET Exam Admit Card
The candidates may download e-Admit Card from CTET’s official website and appear for the examination at the given Centre. Candidates would be able to download the e-admit card a few days before the scheduled examination. Candidates must properly validate the details on the CTET admit card, and in case of any discrepancies, they must contact the authorities.
The CTET result is released by the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). CTET 2023 exam is yet to be conducted, and the result will be published once the exam is over.
Keep the following steps in mind before checking CTET 2023 result date Online:
Step 1 – Visit the official website.
Step 2 – Check your CTET result percentage by clicking the relevant link.
Step 3 – You will now be sent to a different page.
Step 4 – Check your result for CTET by entering your roll number.
Step 5 – The CTET result can be downloaded or saved using the download or save options.
Step 6 – Take a printout of the CTET result 2023 download document for future reference.
CTET Exam Cut Off 2023
CTET 2023 cut-off will be released once the exam is over and results are announced. Candidates can check the cutoff details on this page or on the official website once the results are published.
The CTET July exam cut-off Marks are influenced by various factors. The affecting factors are:
- The majority of applicants who have applied for the CTET.
- The number of candidates enrolling for the exam.
- The exam’s difficulty level.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks for CTET.
CTET Qualifying marks – 2023
CTET exam 2023 requires a passing grade of 60% or above. Candidates will be eligible for the test if their scores are equal to or higher than the qualifying marks.
Candidates must obtain a least 90 out of a possible 150 marks in their attempt paper.
Those were the more critical details of the CTET exam. As the CBSE uploads further details of this exam, we will update you. An aspirant for the CTET exam can prepare for the exam and the IAS Exams since the syllabi overlap to a considerable extent.
Candidates preparing for other government exams can get the Best Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams at the linked article. For any further details, exam updates, study material or preparation tips, turn to BYJU’S for assistance.
Candidates can check the syllabus for other competitive exams at the links given below:
|UPSC Syllabus||NDA Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|UPSC Prelims Syllabus||UPSC CAPF Syllabus|
|UPSC Mains Syllabus||SSC Exam Pattern and Syllabus|
Frequently Asked Questions on CTET
Where can I get the official result of the CTET exam?
You can get the result of this exam from the official website of CTET.
When will the results for the CTET exam date 2022 be declared?
The results for the CTET exam will be declared approximately six weeks after CBSE holds the exam. Till now, the 2022 results have not been declared.
Which candidates are considered eligible?
Candidates who score above 60% are considered eligible.