The HPSSC or Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission conducts an online recruitment procedure every year to recruit candidates in IT and Accounts Assistant, Typist, Nurse, Theatre Assistant and so on.
The HPSSC recruitment consists of the written test and the skill test. The recruitment of candidates is done according to the number of vacancies which varies from year to year. Let us look more into the recruitment process for this below.
Aspirants must also be aware of the various other government exams conducted in the country. Every year lakhs of candidates appear for these exams, increasing the competition and making the preparation comprehensive. Thus, candidates must learn more about these examinations.
|Kickstart your FSSAI exam preparation now and complement it with the links given below:|
HPSSC Recruitment Examination
The HPSSC recruitment 2021 process will remain the same in 2022 though no official notification has been released. The aspirants have to apply online and then appear for the written examination. The written examination consists of 85 marks, and it consists of the following subjects:
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Everyday Science
- Social Science
- General English and Hindi
After qualifying in the written test, candidates have to pass the physical test/ skill test. The skill/physical test carries 15 marks, and candidates must pass this test to qualify for selection.
Online Application Process for HPSSC
As there has not been any recent update regarding changes in 2023, it is assumed that the HPSSC recruitment 2023 apply online process will be followed. The aspirants should follow these simple steps:
- Visit HPSSC’s official website (hpssc.hp.gov.in)
- Click on “Apply online/login,” and a new page appears.
- Click the “Apply now” option and register by entering a username and email ID.
- Fill out the application form and preview the form for details relating to the phone number, email address, qualifications, etc.
- Upload the documents, signature and photograph
HPSSC Recruitment Details
- The online registration for the recruitment began on 6th December 2021.
- The registration closed on 5th January 2022.
- 5th January 2022 was also the last day to pay the online fee.
- The dates of admit card release and the examination are yet to be announced by the HPSSC.
Get detailed information about the names and numbers of posts available:
HPSSC Clerk Recruitment Notification 2023
Notification for 20 Clerk posts is out under the 20% quota of the Limited Direct Recruitment process. The application process is open till 15th February 2022 (for some government employees, it is 2nd March 2022).
In Part II, there will be an Evaluation of 15 marks. There will be a written test of 85 marks followed by a Typing Skill Test.
Eligibility Criteria for HPSSC Recruitment
Candidates applying for the examinations must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be aged between 18 and 45 years when applying. For SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates, there is a relaxation on the upper age limit by 5 years.
- The candidate should have completed either 10+2 from a recognised board degree/ diploma from a recognised university in the appropriate discipline for the post.
Syllabus for HPSSC Examination
The syllabus for the HPSSC examination differs according to the post a candidate is applying for. Some of the syllabuses include:
- For the posts of staff nurse, statistical assistant, and senior laboratory technician, the syllabus includes general knowledge, logic, social science, and 10th grade English and Hindi.
- For the posts of a steno-typist, the syllabus includes topics related to GK, social science, English and Hindi. The candidates are also required to demonstrate their typing skill.
- The syllabus for storekeeper, auditor, assistant store officer, and so on includes 10th-grade Hindi, English, Social Science, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, etc.
HPSSC Application Fee
The category-wise application fee for HPSSC exams is as follows:
Candidates, who are preparing for the upcoming HPSSC examinations, should take note of all the information. they must also visit the official website from time to time for further announcements.
Preparation for the teaching exams and other government exams in the country is a challenging journey. Thus, candidates can get the best preparation strategy for competitive exams at the linked article.
For any further information, latest exam updates, study material and preparation tips, candidates can turn to BYJU’S for assistance.
Aspirants can get details of other competitive exams at the links given below in the table:
|SSC Exams||SSC Exam Date|
|Government Exams after Class 12th||Mock Tests for Competitive Exams|
|SSC General Awareness||Previous Year Government Exam Question Paper PDFs with Solutions|
Frequently Asked Questions on HPSSC Recruitment
What are some of the available posts under HPSSC?
Some of the available posts under HPSSC are Shastri, Plant Operator, Computer Operator, Clerk, Junior Engineer and so on.
Is there a reservation for government employees?
The HPSSC Clerk position is for employees working with Govt. Dept of Himachal Pradesh; the employees working in Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Shimla, etc.
What is the mode of payment of the HPSSC application fee?
The mode of payment for the HPSSC application is online. You can use NEFT, debit/ credit card etc.