The Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Service Selection Commission conducts the Preliminary Eligibility Test to recruit candidates to various Group ‘C’ posts.
However, only residents of Uttar Pradesh can apply for the UPSSSC PET exam. UPSSSC PET 2021 exam was conducted on 24th August, and its results were declared on 28th October.
Individuals who plan to take this exam in future should understand the recruitment pattern of UPSSSC. This includes understanding its eligibility requirement, application process and marking patterns.
Understanding these variables will also help UPSC 2023 or other competitive exam aspirants enhance their knowledge.
|Kickstart your preparation for upcoming competitive exams now and complement it with the links given below:|
Essential Facts on UPSSSC PET Exam
- UPSSSC PET full form is Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Service Selection Commission Preliminary Eligibility Test.
- UPSSSC 2021 exam was conducted for 20994 vacancies-
- Rajasva Lekhpal: 7882 vacancies
- ANM & Equivalent: 9212
- Agriculture Technical Assistant: 2500
- Junior Assistant: 2000
- X-Ray Technician: 1200
- The UPSSSC PET exam date 2021 was 24th August 2021. At the same time, the official notification for the same was released on 25th May 2021.
- Individuals should know that the salary structure of UPSSSC PET varies according to posts. There are two grade pays, Rs.1900 and Rs.4600.
- Selected candidates will receive allowances and perks like DA, travelling allowance and HRA leading to an in-hand salary of around Rs.35,000 depending on one’s post.
Nevertheless, individuals should check all eligibility parameters to understand the general requirements.
Aspirants looking forward to appearing for the state and central level exams in the country can get details of the Government exams in India at the linked article.
What are the UPSSSC PET Eligibility Criteria?
Candidates who want to appear for UPSSSC PET exam have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria-
- Individuals who have passed class 10th or any other equivalent exam can appear for the UPSSSC PET exam.
- Applicants should have Indian residency.
- Individuals should have a domicile certificate. However, applicants ready to shift to Uttar Pradesh for job purposes can apply for this exam.
- A candidate must be aged between 18 and 40 years.
- SC/ST/OBC and sportspeople will get an age relaxation of five years. Individuals belonging to the PWD category will get 15 years of age relaxation.
It is essential for students preparing for UPSSSC PET examination to know all steps to fill in the online application form. Technically, these steps are similar to that of the online application procedure of UPSC or equivalent exams.
How to Fill in UPSSSC PET Online Form?
Students have to follow the following steps to fill in the application form to register for UPSSSC PET exam.
Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSSSC and proceed to candidate registration.
Step 2: Click on ‘Apply’ for the Preliminary Eligibility Test of the respective year.
Step 3: Read the relevant declaration and accept to proceed.
Step 4: Enter personal details like name, educational qualification and relevant data.
Step 5: Individuals have to upload all required documents, a scanned photograph, and a signature to proceed.
Step 6: Complete this process by paying all applicable fees.
Step 7: Print this application form for exam purposes.
Individuals should keep a tab on this official website to get updates on the UPSSSC PET exam centre list and other updates.
What is the UPSSSC PET Selection Process?
Students should know that after UPSSSC PET scores are released, selected candidates are called for Group ‘B & C’ main examinations. Like UPSC prelims, individuals must clear the PET exam to appear for the mains.
The selection process for any UPSSSC recruitment follows the following structure-
- Individuals have to score minimum qualifying marks in PET exam.
- Selected candidates have to take mains.
- These candidates will give an interview.
- The authorities will conduct document verification.
Hopefully, this article on the UPSSSC PET exam will help aspirants understand the recruitment procedure. Candidates can get the detailed UPSSSC PET Syllabus at the linked article.
Individuals preparing for UPSC or IAS exam can refer to the preceding year’s question papers released by UPSSSC to enhance their knowledge.
They can also check educational portals to find detailed information on this competitive exam’s syllabus. Moreover, keeping a tab on the official website and news reports will help them gain information on the UPSSSC PET exam date in 2022.
|Government Exams after Class 12th||Previous Year Government Exam Question Paper PDFs with Solutions|
|10 Simple Maths Tricks and Shortcuts||Daily News Analysis|
|Current Affairs||UPSC Preparation – Free IAS Prep|
Frequently Asked Questions on UPSSSC PET Exam
Name the subjects covered in the UPSSSC PET exam?
The UPSSSC PET exam covers subjects like History, Geography, English, Current Affairs, Hindi, Arithmetic, logical reasoning and more.
How many questions are there in the UPSSSC PET question paper?
UPSSSC PET exam question paper consists of 100 questions on different subjects.
Does the UPSSSC PET exam have negative marking?
Yes, every wrong answer will lead to a deduction of ¼ th mark from the total score.