The HPBOSE 12th Board is the sole body that is responsible for regulating and conducting Examinations for Class 12 students in the state. The HPBOSE 12th Board Standard Examinations are conducted by the Board twice every year and simultaneously all over the state of Himachal Pradesh. The HPBOSE 12th Board is also responsible for formulating the HPBOSE Class 12 Syllabus, designing the curriculum and performing other activities related to the smooth functioning of the Classes.
Table of Contents
- Latest Notifications
- About the HPBOSE 12th Board
- Overview of the HPBOSE 12th Board
- HPBOSE 12th Board Exam Resources
- HPBOSE 12th Results Year-wise Comparison
Further details and information about the HPBOSE 12th Board is given below in this article. We have also provided here the links to access the study and reference materials to prepare for the board exams conducted by the HP Board of School Education Dharamshala.
- The HPBOSE has released the time-table for the Class 12 Examination, 2022.
- The HP Board has released the results for the Term 1 Examination for Class 12 on 8th February, 2022.
- The HPBOSE has released a notification regarding the date extension for Online Submission of fees for Compartment, Improvement, Additional (including Diploma Holders), Examinations Fees Term-II
- The HPBOSE has released a notification regarding Tentative Date-Sheets for the Plus One Term-II Examinations, 2022.
- The HPBOSE has decided to Conduct the Term – II Examinations for Class 11, from 04.03.2022 to 30.03.2022.
About the HPBOSE 12th Board
Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) or commonly known as HP Board is governed by the Himachal Pradesh Government. The foundation for this board was laid in 1969 and headquarters are in Dharamshala. HP Board Class 12 exams are also conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education itself. Currently, there are 8000 schools affiliated to the HP Board. This board is recognized not only by the board present in India but also outside India in foreign countries.
Functions of the HPBOSE 12th Board
Roles and Responsibilities of the HPBOSE 12th Board includes:
- To conduct exams for Class 11 and 12 for HP Board affiliated schools
- To publish textbooks for Classes 11 and 12
- To prescribe courses for Classes 11 and 12
- To maintain and regulate the level of education in HP Board affiliated schools.
Overview of the HPBOSE 12th Board
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education 12th Examination, 2022|
|Conducted by||Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE)|
|Exam Dates||22.03.2022 – 13.04.2022 (for Term-II)|
|Exam Duration||1.5 hours|
|Number of Students||Around 1.2 lakhs|
|Tentative Result Date||May/June 2022|
HPBOSE 12th Board Exam Resources
HPBOSE 12th Board exam is very important for students, as their future is dependent on the results of this class. Students should be very serious while they reach Class 12th or intermediate batch.
In this article, we are going to provide you with the details of HP Class 11 and 12 Syllabus, Books and HP Board Question Papers for all the important subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology.
Please click the below details to get the required details:
HPBOSE 12th Board Exam Resources for Class 11
|HPBOSE Class 11 Syllabus|
|HPBOSE Class 11 Books||HPBOSE Class 11 Previous Years Question Paper|
HPBOSE 12th Board Exam Resources for Class 12
|HPBOSE 12th Board Syllabus|
|HPBOSE 12th Board Books||HPBOSE 12th Board Question Paper|
|HPBOSE 12th Results|
HPBOSE 12th Results Year-wise Comparison
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the HPBOSE 12th exams has been around 1 lakh. The numbers increased in the year 2017, when 1,02,075 students appeared for their Class 12 HPBOSE Exams. The numbers decreased in 2020, when 86,333 students appeared in their HPBOSE 12th Board Exams. In 2021, 1,00,799 students appeared for their HPBOSE 12th exams. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the HPBOSE 12th exams over the last few years.
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
- Overall Passing Percent: The performance of students in HPBOSE 12th exams has been nearly consistent. In 2016, 78.93% of the students had passed, and this percentage increased in 2017, with 72.89% of the students passing. The percentage decreased in 2019 when 62.01% of the students passed. However, in 2021, 92.7% of the students appearing for the HPBOSE 12th exams had successfully qualified. The girls have been consistently performing better than the boys. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
|Year||Overall Pass Percentage|
If you have any query in this article, please share your comment in the below section. You can also access HP Board Question Papers from BYJU’S. Enjoy reading by downloading BYJU’S App.