HP Board Class 11 Biology Syllabus is very vital for students who aim to take up Botany, Zoology or Medicine for higher studies, as the competitive exams for these find the foundation in some concepts of Class 11 Biology. To know more about the type of topics and concepts that are covered under biology for Class 11, inclusive of Botany and Zoology, do take a look at the Class 11 Biology Syllabus of Himachal Pradesh Board.
Meanwhile, some of the topics taught under Botany include Diversity in the Living World, Cell: Structure and function and plant and human physiology or more.
HPBOSE Class 11 Biology (Theory) Reduced Syllabus 2020-21
|Name of Units||Deleted Chapters/Portions|
|Unit I-Diversity in Living World||Chapter-I: The living world
• Taxonomy and systematics (Page No.7 & 8)
• Taxonomical aids-herbarium, botanical gardens, Museum, Zoological Packs and Key (Page. No.11 to 14)
|Chapter Ill: Plant Kingdom
• Angiospeams- classification upto class, characteristic features and examples (Page No. 40 & 41)
|Unit II-Structural Organizations in Animals and Plants||Chapter -V: Moephology of flowering plants
• Meophology and modification of different parts of flowering plants: root, stem, leaf (Page No 65 to 71) Fruit and seed (Page No. 76 & 77)
• Description of some important families Fabaceae (Page No. 78 & 79)
|Unit IV-Plant Physiology||Chapter -XI: Transport in Plants (Page No 175 to 193)|
|Chapter-XII: Mineral nutrition (Page No. 194 to 205)|
|Chapter-XV: Plant – Growth and development
• Seed germination, phases of plant growth and plant growth rate, conditions for growth, differentiation, dedifferentiation and re-differentiation, development (Page No. 240 to 247)
• Photoperiodism, verbalizatron and seed dormancy (Page No. 251 to 253)
|Chapter-XVI: Digestion and absorption (Page No. 257 to 267)|
|Unit V-Human Physiology||Chapter -XX: Locomotion and movement
• Types of movement – Ciliary, flagella, Muscular (Page No. 302 & 303)
• Skeletal system and its functions, points, disorders of muscular and skeletal systems. (Page No. 309 to 312)
|Chapter- XXI: Neural control and coordination
• Reflex action; sensory reception and processing: sense organs, elementary structure and functions of eye and ear (Page No. 322 to 327)
HPBOSE Class 11 Biology (Practical) Reduced Syllabus 2020-21
A-List of experiments
1. Description of family fabaceal
2. Preparation and study of T.S of Dicot and manocot.
3. Study of osmosis by potato osmometer.
4. Study of plasmdysis in epidermal peals.
5. Comparative study of rates of transperation in the upper and lower surface of leaves.
6. Test for the presence of sugar, starch, proteins and fats in suitable of ant and animal material.
7. Test for presence of urea in urine.
8. Test for presence of bile salts in urine.
B Study/ observation of the following (spotting)
1. Tissues and diversity in shape and size of planet cells, though temporary and permanent slides-.
2. Different modifications in roots, stems and leaves.
3. Different types of inflorescence.
4. To study human Skelton and different types of joints.
5. Study of external morphology of cockroach.
For pdf downloads of HP Board Class 11 Biology Syllabus comes to:
HP Class 11 Biology Syllabus pdf
For an account of the class 11 biology syllabus, do take a look below:
|Class 11 Biology Syllabus|
|1. Diversity in Living World|
|2. Structural Organizations in Animals and Plants|
|3. Cell: Structure and Function|
|4. Plant Physiology|
|5. Human Physiology|
As the HP Board Class 11 Biology syllabus gives comprehensive details of the course and on the subject Biology for the Academic Year, students can also prepare ahead by reading up concepts. For study materials and resources on HP Class 11, do come to BYJU’s.