The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka also known as COMEDK UGET is an undergraduate competitive entrance exam for aspirants interested in medical or engineering courses. Every year around 72,152 candidates appear for COMEDK to get admission into the best medical and engineering colleges in the state of Karnataka. The examination is conducted mostly in the month of May across various cities in India. There are about 25 dental colleges, 12 medical colleges and 150 engineering colleges in the state of Karnataka affiliated to COMEDK.
All the details about COMEDK 2022 like COMEDK Exam Dates, COMEDK Eligibility Criteria, COMEDK Syllabus and Exam Pattern, COMEDK 2022 Process, COMEDK Question Papers, Counselling Process and other important exam details are provided below.
COMEDK Exam Dates 2022
The COMEDK Exam Dates for the registration process, submission of COMEDK application form, the release of admit card, exam date, result date, counselling date and more are given in the table mentioned below.
|Events||COMEDK Exam Dates|
|COMEDK 2022 Registration Process||14 March 2022|
|Mock Test 1 Availability||15 April 2022|
|Last Date to Submit COMEDK Application Form & Online Payment||102 May 2022|
|COMEDK Admit Card||06 June to 18 June 2022|
|COMEDK Exam 2022||19 June 2022|
|Provisional Answer Key Release||22 June 2022|
|Final Answer Key Release||30 June 2022|
|COMEDK 2022 Result||05 July 2022|
COMEDK Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates seeking admission to medical or engineering college in the state of Karnataka and preparing for the COMEDK 2022 examination must satisfy the COMEDK Eligibility Criteria 2022. Candidates are suggested to check the COMEDK 2022 Eligibility before filling out the COMEDK Application form. The COMEDK Eligibility Criteria 2022 is given below.
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering courses
Aspirants interested in engineering courses can apply for COMEDK 2022 if they fulfil the eligibility criteria given below.
- The qualifying exam prescribed for admission for engineering courses is 10+2 Higher Secondary or second PUC or any equivalent exam recognized by the Central or State government. Students must have Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics with English as the compulsory subjects in their 12th standard.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST and OBC students of Karnataka) in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and they should pass all these subjects individually.
- Diploma students are not eligible to sit for the COMEDK exam as there are no admissions as a lateral entry.
Eligibility Criteria for Architectural courses
Candidates interested in architectural courses can apply for COMEDK 2022 if they fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- The qualifying exam is prescribed for admission for architectural courses 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent exam with Maths as one of the subjects. A 10 + 3 Diploma Course recognized by State or Central Government and having an average of 50% (45% for SC, ST & OBC students of the state of Karnataka).
- The applicants must have appeared for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) which is conducted by the Council of Architecture with minimum marks of 80 out of 200 for all categories.
COMEDK Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The COMEDK syllabus is mainly based on the 10th and 12th standard curricula. Students who are going to appear for the examination must be completely familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus of COMEDK 2022 to score well in the exam. The complete details about the syllabus and exam pattern of COMEDK 2022 are given in the table mentioned below.
COMEDK 2022 Process
Candidates who are interested to sit in the COMEDK 2022 Exam can apply for the exam by following a few steps. The complete steps to apply for the examination is given in the points mentioned below.
Step 1: COMEDK Registration 2022
Step 2: Download COMEDK Admit card
Step 3: Appear for COMEDK Exam 2022
Step 4: Check COMEDK 2022 Result
Step 5: Appear for COMEDK 2022 Counselling
COMEDK Question Papers
One of the best ways to prepare for COMEDK 2022 is by practising the sample papers and previous year’s question papers. Solving question papers on a regular basis will help students get an idea about the marking scheme of the exam, the question pattern and the difficulty level of the exam. Visit the links given below to get the latest COMEDK Sample Papers and COMEDK Previous Year Question Papers.
COMEDK Counselling 2022
COMEDK counselling is conducted online mostly in the month of June and July. The COMEDK counselling process is held in 2 rounds. The counselling process for COMEDK is given in the points below.
- Registration and payment of a fee for counselling
- Options entry and locking
- Mock allotment
- Allotment of seats
- Post seat allotment- choices before a candidate
- Document verification & issue of original allotment letter
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest news and notification on COMEDK along with the exam syllabus, question papers eligibility criteria and more.