IIT JEE is one of the most important exams for students who are aspiring to pursue a career in the field of engineering. This exam is the gateway to some of the best and top technical institutions such as IITs, NITs, etc. in India. While the exam is quite popular among many students, this is a very competitive exam. Every year lakhs of students register and attempt the exam. IIT JEE 2023 is further divided into two exams JEE Main and JEE Advanced. This also means that students have to cover a vast syllabus and master a lot of topics. Sometimes, JEE becomes the biggest nightmare for many candidates.
However, IIT JEE exams can be easily cracked if the candidates prepare effectively and smartly. And we are not talking about preparing by going to physical coaching institutes or centers. While coaching has its benefits, we are looking at students who want to conduct self-study. There are certain things that students can do to prepare well for the exams. Some of them include preparing a suitable timetable, using the right study materials, and solving question papers and mock tests, and these will all help them study productively and perform excellently in the exams. Besides, if we look at the trend in previous years and the number of successful candidates in IIT JEE, it has been confirmed that even without joining coaching institutes, it is possible to crack the exam.
The only added advantage that coaching students have is that they get proper help with regards to each topic and time-to-time analysis on a weekly basis or monthly basis. The disadvantage, though, is that they have to keep running from home to school/college and then to coaching, and this results in greater consumption of a student’s valuable time. Having said that, in this article, we will look at some of the ways in which candidates can actually study from home and succeed in exams.
6 Effective Preparation Tips For Cracking IIT JEE
A candidate can crack IIT by following the JEE preparation tips discussed below.
1. Start your preparations as early as possible. Since the syllabus is vast, you have to start studying properly in advance. Preparations should begin from the 11th standard itself. Apart from just reading the books, you will also need time to conduct revisions and test your preparation level. So if you master topics early on, you will have enough time left for other things. In addition, create a suitable timetable for studying.
2. You should immediately clear all your doubts with the teachers or mentor, or even a friend regarding a difficult concept. This will be helpful in developing a better understanding of that particular concept.
3. Keep a copy of the JEE syllabus at hand. More significantly, you should read the syllabus thoroughly, and it will help you gain valuable insights into the important chapters, topics, marking scheme, course objectives and more. Furthermore, getting a complete overview of the syllabus will help you to develop a well-defined preparation strategy for the exam.
4. Nowadays, a lot of free study materials are easily available via both online and offline mediums. You can make use of these resources for the preparation of IIT JEE. However, you have to be careful and select only the right resources such as books, notes, video lectures, that will add value and help you boost your preparation. Reading NCERT books is also a great way to start preparing for the exam.
5. One of the most effective ways to develop adept problem solving and time management skills is by practicing tackling questions from the JEE question paper whether it is a sample paper, previous year question paper or exercises from the books. You can also attempt the JEE mock tests to get a better idea of the exam pattern, examination mode, duration, and marking scheme. All these will help you identify your weak areas and know what to expect in the exam. In essence, you can prepare accordingly.
6. Make sure to understand all the core topics clearly and avoid rote learning. The questions that appear in JEE Main or JEE Advanced are designed to test your knowledge along with your analytical skills.
Along with good preparation, have a positive mindset and be confident to face the exam. All in all, if you follow these given tips you will be able to crack IIT JEE without any coaching.