During IIT JEE preparation, most of the students complain of being overloaded with information or not being able to remember the key concepts and formulas while solving problems. Why does this happen? How to overcome such situations? Have you ever wondered why some students spend less time in studying and miraculously scoring goof marks in IIT JEE?
Listed below are a few scientifically tested and successful study techniques for JEE preparation that will help the students to boost their preparations in an efficient manner thereby helping the students in producing the desired results.
Simple Study Techniques for IIT JEE Preparation:
1. Before starting any topic, quickly go through the JEE Syllabus. Glance through the main headings and subheadings of all the subtopics mentioned in that chapter. This will prepare your brain mentally to organize all the information and also it will give you an idea of what all concepts you will be preparing. Organizing information will help you to retrieve it easily when required.
2. You have to regularly subject yourself to test your effectively learn the concepts. These can be full-fledged written tests or just mental recollection at the end of your study session to see if you can remember everything you have just learned.
3. Use analogies to remember certain information. Analogies help connect certain areas of your brain to others and are effective in retaining information because they connect new information to already existing information.
4. Avoid marathon study sessions, especially for difficult topics. While doing a difficult crossword, take properly scheduled breaks. This is because although you aren’t consciously solving it, your brain is still working in the background subconsciously. It does most of the hard work, therefore, Plan and take timed breaks in between study sessions.
Ways to Assess your IIT JEE preparation:
1. Chapter Wise Practice Tests:
This is the first and foremost step to assess your JEE preparation as the questions that are asked in IIT JEE involve a great deal of thinking apart from the primary conceptual base of the subject. Thus, you must test your skills towards solving the questions based on the topics given in the syllabus. You must schedule chapter wise timed tests for all the topics with a rotation in the subject you are dealing with. Since all the subjects have an individual cut off and carry equal marks, you must give equal attention to all the subjects.
2. Participating in Test series:
Many online and offline test series are available; that have questions and paper pattern similar to IIT JEE format. Also, the tests provide a proper assessment of your JEE Preparation with all India rankings. In the last six months of your preparation, it is important to start appearing for these test series that cover all the chapters included in JEE Syllabus.
3. Prepare a list of Important Topics:
Make a list of important topics from where the questions are frequently asked in IIT JEE. Mark the topics as per their level of difficulty and note down the areas that require special attention. Allocate extra time to these difficult topics and practice chapter wise questions for these topics regularly.
4. Interact with the Experts:
It is known that you cannot depend on yourself while preparing for highly competitive exams like IITJEE. You will come across several doubts and queries during your preparations. Interact frequently with the experts that can guide you towards the right path in your JEE preparations. They will also let you know about the most important Do’s and Don’ts for JEE.
JEE Preparation 2018 – Ways to Clear your Doubts:
1. Online portals: There are many portals available online that hold discussions and offer solutions on the topics you might have doubt in. You can also enter your questions directly into the portal and wait for the solutions. Although you cannot always rely on all the solutions that are given in the portal, as most of them are from sources that are not validated. You can perform a background check on these sources before using the solutions.
2. Online mentors: You can seek help from online mentors such as the service provided by Byju’s classes. Under Byju’s mentorship program you can avail online sessions for any topic that you have doubt in. Apart from this, you can call our mentors any time for doubt which can be cleared on phone or through emails. Further assistance can be given if you book an online mentor session, as mentioned above. For complete assistance regarding your JEE Preparation, you can mail all your doubts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Peers: Though it is not advised to do group studies if you are starting any fresh topic, as you may not be able to match their pace and may end up losing your confidence or time. But, once you have understood the concept, you can start solving questions with your friends. This will help you match their pace, and you may be able to grasp few concepts that you have missed the first time. Also, while studying in a group, you can take the help of your friends to understand any concept and to clear your doubt. It saves a lot of time and energy.
4. Teachers: If you are taking assistance for your JEE preparation in the form of tuitions and coaching, you should always get your doubts cleared with the help your teacher without any hesitation. Any doubt, however, small must be addressed before closing the topic. After the class is over, you should go through the topics again and practice the questions under each of the sections, and if you get stuck somewhere in the process, you must clear it in a doubt solving sessions. But it is important to note that once the doubts are solved, you must go through those questions again and make a note of areas where you were facing difficulty.
5. Self-help: Relying on others for your doubts is not always a good option as it reduces your self-confidence and aptitude to attempt any question. Before seeking others help, you must attempt the question on your own and try to understand the concept on your own.
With just a few months left for IIT JEE 2018, it is crucial to schedule your preparation in such a way that you cover maximum syllabus with the utmost efficiency before the examination day.
Adopt the above techniques in the area of learning and not just for your JEE preparation. You will see immediate changes in how you respond to problems and tackle difficult questions in JEE. For more effective ways of preparing JEE Mains and Advanced 2018 check out the other articles on our website.