Vowels and Consonants seem very easy to understand and simple to remember. In the simplest categorization, English has 26 alphabets. Out of which, 5 are vowels and rest 21 are consonants. The 5 vowels include a, e, i, o and u. A vowel sound is produced by a free flow of breath out of the mouth. A consonant sound is produced by blocking air which is flowing out of the mouth. A proper understanding of Vowels and Consonants plays a crucial role in building good speaking skills in kids. Also, it is a must for parents to pay the required attention to their kid’s learning.
Below are some multiple-choice questions on Vowels and Consonants for kids.
- How many vowels are there in the English alphabet?
- How many vowels are there in the given word: Cheerful
- The consonants in the word “undo” are:
(a). u, o
(b). n, o
(c). n, d
- How many consonants are there in the English alphabet?
- Find the odd one out: u, x, t, d, f
- Find the odd one out: a, w, i, u, e
- Which among the following words in the options starts with a vowel?
- Count the total number of consonants present in the word: Mississippi
- List out the consonants in the word: Education
(a). d, c, u, n
(b). d, c, t, n
(c). d, c, t
- Select the vowel from the given options
You can download our kids learning app – Disney BYJU’S Early Learn and get a huge collection of such exciting questions and answers on various other topics too.