The CBSE Class 8 Chapter 5 Data Handling has a total of 3 exercises. The pdf containing the NCERT Solutions of the first exercise, Exercise 5.1, is available here. The solution, apart from the pdf format, is also available below. At BYJU’S, the subject experts solve the questions with utmost care, giving proper representation and clear, easy to understand graphs.
NCERT textbook contains plenty of questions in it, intended for the students to solve and practice. To score high marks in the Class 8 board examination, solving and practicing the NCERT solutions for Class 8 Maths is a must.
Access Answers of Maths NCERT Class 8 Chapter 5- Data Handling Exercise 5.1 Page Number 76
Access other exercise solutions of Class 8 Maths Chapter 5- Data Handling
Exercise 5.2 Solutions 5 Questions (3 Long Answer Questions, 2 Short Answer Questions)
Exercise 5.3 Solutions 6 Questions (2 Long Answer Questions, 4 Short Answer Questions)
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 5- Data Handling Exercise 5.1
Representation of data is the base of the Exercise 5.1, Class 8 NCERT Maths Chapter 5, Data Handling.There are 5 Main Questions in this exercise. The first, fourth and fifth questions contain sub-questions, all related to representation of data. The Exercise 5.1 deals with 3 main concepts. The three main concepts that forms the base of the first exercise of Chapter 5 are:
- Graphical representation of data
- Pictograph: Pictorial representation of data using symbols
- Bar Graph: Display of information using bars of uniform width, the heights of the bars being proportional to the respective values.
- Double Bar Graph: Bar graph showing two sets of data simultaneously.
- Organising Data
- Organizing data using frequency distribution table.
- Grouping Data
- Grouping data using grouped frequency distribution.