1. A survey was made to find the type of music a group of people liked in a town. The pie chart given below shows the information regarding that survey. From the pie chart, give the answer for the following questions.
(a) If 60 people liked semi classical music then how many people were surveyed?
(b) Which music is liked by the minimum number of people?
(c) If a company make 2000 CD’s then how many of each type would they make?
(a) People who like semi – classical music = 30%
This 30% represents 60 people.
100% represents =
Hence, 200 people were surveyed.
(b) From the pie chart we can see that light music is represented by the minimum part of the pie chart. Therefore, light music is least liked by people.
(c) Number of Classical music CDs = 20% of 2000
= 400 CDs
Number of Semi – Classical music CDs = 30% of 2000
= 600 CDs
Number of Light music CDs = 10% of 2000
= 200 CDs
Number of Folk music CDs = 40% of 2000
= 800 CDs
2. In a survey 720 people were asked about their favorite season from summer, winter and monsoon. Answer the following questions according to the given information.
(a) Which season got the minimum votes?
(b) What will be the central angle of each season?
(c) Draw pie chart for the given information.
(a) Winter season got the maximum number of votes.
(b) Total number of votes = 160 + 340 220 = 720
Central angle for summer =
Central angle for winter =
Central angle for monsoon =
(c) Pie chart for the above information
3. According to the information given below, draw the pie chart representing it. The table below shows the colors liked by a group of people.
|Colors||Number of People|
Total number of votes = 72
Central angle for Blue =
Central angle for Red =
Central angle for Green =
Central angle for Yellow =
Pie chart as above information
4. The pie chart given below gives the information about the marks scored by a student in 5 subjects which are English, Math, Science, Hindi and Social Science. The total marks obtained by the student were 480.
(a) The student scored 108 marks in which subject?
(b) What is the difference between the marks of Math and Hindi? Which subject has more marks?
(c) Check whether the summation of Math and Hindi is more than that of Science and Social Science.
(a) 480 marks is
Therefore, the subject is Science.
(b) Marks obtained in Math = 90% of 480
= 120 marks
Marks obtained in Hindi =57% of 480
= 76 marks
The difference between Math and Hindi marks is 120 – 76 = 44 marks.
In Math, student scored 44 marks more compared to Hindi.
(c) Marks obtained in Social Science = 69% of 480
= 92 marks
Marks obtained in Science = 81% of 480
= 108 marks
Summation of Math and Hindi = 120 + 76 = 196 marks
Summation of Science and Social Science = 92 + 108 = 200 marks
Summation of Science and Social Science is more than that of Math and Hindi.
5. The number of students in a school who are speaking various languages is as given below. Draw the pie chart according to the given information.
The central angle of each language is calculated as given below.
Central angle of English language =
Central angle of Hindi language =
Central angle of Tamil language =
Central angle of Telugu language =
Central angle of Marathi language =
Pie chart of the data: