Algae are a diverse group of autotrophic organisms capable of performing photosynthesis. They are mostly found in aquatic habitats. They come in different shapes and sizes, from unicellular algae like chlorella to massive brown algae, giant kelp. Algae are divided into three main classes according to the pigment present in them, viz. Chlorophyceae (Green algae), Rhodophyceae (Red algae) and Phaeophyceae (Brown Algae).
1. Which one of the following is a colonial alga?
2. Which of the following shows zygotic meiosis?
3. Find the incorrect statement
(a) Agar-agar is produced from Gracilaria
(b) Chlorella is used in space food
(c) Mannitol is a food reserve of Rhodophyceae
(d) Algin is produced by algae
4. Which of the following has non-flagellated isogamous gametes?
5. Mannitol is a reserved food found in
6. Which of the following contains chlorophyll a, b, phycoerythrin and phycocyanin?
7. Which of the following is rich in protein?
8. Ulothrix produces
9. What is the mode of sexual reproduction in Chlorophyceae?
(d) all of the above
10. What is the shape of chloroplast in Chlamydomonas?
These were some MCQs on Algae. Learn MCQs on related topics for NEET, at BYJU’S.
Important MCQs for NEET Biology:
- MCQs on Life Processes
- MCQs on Lac Operon
- MCQ on Lipids
- MCQ on Diversity in Living World
- Apiculture MCQs
- MCQ on Meiosis