Biosynthesis refers to the synthesis of biomolecules inside our body. It is a multi enzymatic and multistep process. Macromolecules like carbohydrates, proteins, fats, DNAs, etc. are synthesized in our body. Even the monomers like amino acids for proteins and nucleotides for DNA, RNA are synthesized inside. Biosynthesis is the anabolic pathway of metabolism.
1. Arthropods have an exoskeleton made up of chitin. It is a polymer of
(b) keratin sulphate and chondroitin sulphate
(d) N-acetyl glucosamine
2. Phosphodiester bond is present in
(a) monosaccharides in a polysaccharide
(b) fatty acids in a diglyceride
(c) nucleic acids in a nucleotide
(d) amino acids in a polypeptide
3. An example of a non-reducing carbohydrate is
(a) ribose 5-phosphate
4. Phosphoglyceride is made up of
(a) unsaturated or saturated fatty acids linked to phosphate to which glycerol is attached
(b) unsaturated or saturated fatty acids linked to glycerol to which phosphate is attached
(c) only saturated fatty acids linked to glycerol to which phosphate is attached
(d) only unsaturated fatty acids linked to glycerol to which phosphate is attached
5. Which of the following inhibits the action of succinic dehydrogenase by competitive inhibition?
(d) None of the above
6. Which of the following is a precursor of amino acid synthesis?
(a) fatty acids
(b) 𝜶-ketoglutaric acid
(c) mineral salts
(d) volatile acids
7. Phosphoenol pyruvate is the primary acceptor for CO2 fixation in
(a) C3 plants
(b) C4 plants
(c) C2 plants
(d) both (a) and (b)
8. Which of the following is the primary acceptor for CO2 fixation in C3 plants?
9. The start condon for protein synthesis is
10. Ribosomal RNA is synthesized in
Also Check: Types Of Biochemical Pathways
11. The First phase of protein synthesis or translation is
(a) binding of mRNA to the ribosome
(b) anticodon recognition
(c) DNA recognition
(d) tRNA aminoacylation
12. The enzyme involved in the opening of DNA double helix during transcription
(a) DNA helicase
(b) DNA ligase
(c) RNA polymerase
(d) DNA polymerase
13. Which of the following cell organelles is the site of glycoprotein and glycolipid formation?
(c) Golgi bodies
(d) Endoplasmic reticulum
14. Glycosidic and peptide bonds are present respectively in
(a) Glycerol, trypsin
(b) Chitin, cholesterol
(c) Inulin, Insulin
(d) Cellulose, lecithin
15. Which of the following is an important precursor for purine synthesis?
16. Which of the following is an important precursor for pyrimidine synthesis?
17. Erythrose 4-phosphate is a precursor of which amino acid?
(d) All of the above
18. The catecholamines, norepinephrine and epinephrine are derived from
19. Phospholipids are
(d) Any of the above
20. Precursor of fatty acid synthesis is
(a) actoacetyl CoA
(b) succinyl CoA
(c) propionyl CoA
(d) acetyl CoA
These were some MCQs on Biosynthesis. Learn MCQs on related topics for NEET, at BYJU’S.
Other Important MCQs for NEET Biology: