Our central nervous system (CNS) comprises the brain and spinal cord. It controls and regulates all the parts of our body. The brain is responsible for major processing of the nervous system. The spinal cord is responsible for relaying information between the brain and other parts of the body.
1. Which of the following is one of the parts of the hindbrain?
(c) corpus callosum
(d) spinal cord
2. If there is an injury in the hypothalamus region of the brain, it is most likely to affect
(a) regulation of body temperature
(b) decision making
(c) co-ordination during locomotion
(d) short-term memory
3. A cranial nerve with the highest number of branches
(a) Facial nerve
(b) Trigeminal nerve
(c) Vagus nerve
(d) Both (b) and (c)
4. Afferent neurons carry nerve impulses from
(a) CNS to muscles
(b) CNS to receptors
(c) receptors to CNS
(d) effector organs to CNS
5. The cranial nerve that regulates the heartbeat
6. Which of the following is another name for the third ventricle of the brain?
7. Nissl’s granules present in the neurons are made up of
8. Which of the following is a part of the rhombencephalon?
(b) Substantia nigra
(d) Temporal lobe
9. A neuron that carries information from the peripheral nervous system to the central nervous system is
(a) afferent neuron
(b) efferent neuron
10. Which of the following parts of the brain controls the body temperature and urge of eating?
These were some MCQs on Central Nervous System. Learn MCQs on related topics for NEET, at BYJU’S.
Important MCQs for NEET Biology:
- MCQs on Life Processes
- MCQs on Lac Operon
- MCQ on Lipids
- MCQ on Diversity in Living World
- Apiculture MCQs
- MCQ on Meiosis