Plants have various types of root modified to perform different functions. Aerial roots of mangroves are known as pneumatophores. They facilitate gaseous exchange. Aerial roots of Banyan tree provide structural support. Different types of storage roots, haustorial roots, etc. are examples of modified roots.
1. Which of the following is an edible modified root?
(b) Sweet potato
(d) both (a) and (b)
2. Clinging roots are found in
3. Where do you find velamen?
(a) in roots of screwpine
(b) in aerial roots of orchids
(c) in leaves of Ficus
(d) in aerial and terrestrial roots of orchids
4. Which of the following has buttress roots?
5. Roots of which of the following plants contains an oxidising agent?
6. Roots developing from a part of the plant other than radicle are called
7. Which of the following plants has stilt roots?
8. Assimilatory or photosynthetic roots are present in
(d) All of the above
9. Which of the following is a geocarpic fruit?
10. Which of the following is homologous with sweet potato?
These were some MCQs on root modifications. Learn MCQs on related topics for NEET, at BYJU’S.
Important MCQs for NEET Biology: