Fireproof Balloon Experiment
Most of us would have encountered a scenario, where the balloon they had tried to fill up gets exploded once in contact with a candle on certain occasion. Fortunately, there is a way in basic physics where we would be able to prevent that from happening. To know how to do it, let us look at the experiment given below.
- Water faucet.
- Fill the balloon with air by blowing yourself.
- Use a lighter and hold it below the balloon(it would explode).
- Take another balloon and fill it with a little bit of water.
- Once you have filled the balloon with water, fill the rest space with air.
- Try holding a lighter underneath it. Unlike last time, it would not explode despite the bottom part of the balloon will turn into black color.
From the above observation, you might have seen that it is quite difficult to check the balloon from exploding unless you fill it with water.
Fireproof Balloon Experiment Application
- The water absorbing polymer foam used in the baby diapers are the superabsorbent polymer which works based on the experiment.
- Superabsorbent polymer foams are used as a protective layer at homes from catching fire.
- Even the human body uses sweat as a protective layer during exercises or physical activities in order to regulate body temperature.
By this experiment, you would have seen how the subject science is so fascinating as it has a lot of unexplored areas yet to be discovered. Hence projects like these would provide the impetus in you to probe more into the domain of science. Stay tuned with BYJU’S to learn more.