The Certified Associate of India Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance. It is a premier institute that recruits the finest minds to work in the Indian bank industry.
The exam is conducted twice in a year. But due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the exam was postponed numerous times. The CAIIB 2021 is set to take place on 30th January, 6 February and 12th February 2022 respectively.
This article will give details about the exam pattern for the CAIIB Exam
|Candidates preparing for the Government Exams can find the following like useful|
Overview of CAIIB Exam Pattern
A brief overview of the CAIIB Exam Pattern is given in the table below:
|CAIIB Exam Pattern 2021-2022|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Time duration of exam||120 minutes (each paper)|
|Total Number of Questions||100 questions (each paper)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Maximum marks||100 marks (each paper)|
|Medium of Exam||English or Hindi|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
|Pattern of Questions||
The CAIIB Exam consists of two papers:
- Compulsory Papers
- Elective Papers
The Compulsory Papers consist of:
- Advanced Bank Management
- Bank Financial Management
The Elective Papers consist of:
- Corporate Banking
- Human Resources Management
- Rural Banking
- Information Technology
- International Banking
- Risk Management
- Retail Banking
- Central Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Treasury Management
- Financial Advising
To know more in detail about the topics of the exam, visit the CAIIB Syllabus page
The pattern of both the Compulsory Papers and Elective Papers are as follows:
|CAIIB Compulsory and Elective Exam Pattern|
|Papers||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Advanced Bank Management||100||100||2 hours|
|Bank Financial Management||100||100||2 hours|
|Elective paper||100||100||2 hours|
- There is no negative marking scheme as per the examination pattern.
- Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer.
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum of 50 marks out of 100 in each paper.
- Those who secure at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared to have completed the examination.
- The credits for the subject that candidates pass in an attempt can be retained till the expiry of the time limit of passing the CAIIB exam.
To know more about other IIBF exams, visit the linked article.