Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) conducts examination for recruitment of the eligible candidates for different posts in various public sector banks. IBPS was launched in 1975 and it became an independent entity in the year 1984. IBPS is now a prestigious institute and looks after the placement, recruitment, and promotion of candidates in different public sector banks. The different examination conducted by the IBPS are:
- IBPS PO
- IBPS Clerk
- IBPS SO
- IBPS RRB
All the examinations have a different pattern and different syllabus but the common part for all is the general awareness in which the current affair plays an important part.
This is a scoring part. These questions from the banking field have a weightage of 75% and the current affairs have a weightage of 25%. For scoring good marks, focus on the current banking policies, various changes in banking policies and the effect of those changed policies.
Preparation Tips for Current Affairs:
Before the candidates start their preparation on any section, it is important to know what topics you need to prepare on, the topics to focus in general awareness section are:
- Indian Society
- Science and Technology
- Environment and Ecology
- Indian politics
- Social justice
- Indian economy questions
- Latest RBI based question
Here are some tips, which will help you to prepare for current affairs topics:
- Read Magazines: This is one of the best ways through which daily current affairs can be known. In order to know in a precise manner, you will need to check top magazines for IBPS like Pratiyogita Darpan, Manorama, and Business today. These magazines will give you a brief idea about all the current affairs in a beautiful manner through images, analysis, charts reports etc.
- Read Newspaper: If a candidate reads the newspaper daily, it will help him/her to enhance their reading skills as well as get updated with current affairs. Candidates are suggested to read the news from 2 to 3 papers like The Telegraph, Sanmarg, Dainik Bhaskar, The Times of India etc.
- Follow News Channel: Candidates should follow news channel regularly, they can refer to different news channel like ABP News, Times Now, Times Now and Zee News etc. They are the best source for current affairs, if sometimes you miss something in the newspaper you can always catch it up on the news channel. 30-40 minutes per day is enough for the candidate to get frequently updated with the news.
- Use the Internet: Candidates have to use online resources like Google, YouTube, Wikipedia, where you can find everything on any topic. Candidates can also watch news online anywhere, anytime and if a candidate doesn’t like reading the newspaper, they can go with this option.
- Follow Social Networking sites: For “Current Affairs” and “General Knowledge” follow social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook there you can follow pages, which will help you a lot.
- Participate in online quizzes/Mock Test: Candidate should involve themselves in Current Affairs and Current Affairs quiz which will help them to enhance their knowledge. As you will participate in quizzes, you will get an idea about the real scenario of General Ability Paper. This helps the candidates to understand the exam pattern.
- Make Notes: Making notes will help you during the time of revision. As it is the best way to collect all the information. And this will help you to have all the important dates, events, awards, etc. which will be of great help during the time of examination.
From the above preparation tips the aspiring candidates will be able to prepare well for the Current Affairs section which will help the candidates to clear the sectional wise cutoff that is required to crack the exam. Byju’s help the candidates with tips and strategies to prepare well for the upcoming bank exams.
For further information stay tuned with Byju’s.