To be marginalised is to be forced to occupy the sides or fringes and thus not be at the centre of things. Economic, social, cultural and political factors work together to make certain groups in society feel marginalised. In Chapter 7 of CBSE Class 8 Civics, students learn about two communities that are considered to be socially marginalised in India today. Students mastering the Chapter, also solve the CBSE Class 8 Civics Chapter 7 Understanding Marginalisation Important Questions for practice. Preparing for the exam becomes easy and students also get to revise the Chapter thoroughly.
Given below in this article is the PDF link to download the CBSE Important Questions of CBSE Class 8 Civics Chapter 7. Start studying to score well in the exam.
1. List two reasons why Adivasis are becoming increasingly marginalised.
2. Who are Adivasis? Mention some Adivasi communities residing in India.
3. In your own city or village, who would you think are the marginalised groups? Discuss.
4. What metals are important in present-day India? Why? Where do they come from? Are there Adivasi populations there?
5. List five products that you use at home that come from the forest.
6. In your opinion, why is it important that Adivasis should have a say in how their forests and forest lands are used?
7. Constitution provides safeguards to religious and linguistic minorities as part of our Fundamental Rights. Why do you think these minority groups have been provided with these safeguards?
8. 25% of Muslim children in the 6-14 year age group have either never been enrolled in school or have dropped out. This percentage is much higher than that of any other socio-religious community. Do you think special measures are required to address this situation?
9. What is the Sachar Committee Report?
10. Write in your own words two or more sentences of what you understand by the word ‘marginalisation’.
11. Write one reason why you think the Constitution’s safeguards to protect minority communities are very important?
12. What do you understand by the term ‘minority?’
13. Imagine that you are watching the Republic Day parade on TV with a friend and she remarks, “Look at these tribals. They look so exotic. And they seem to be dancing all the time”. List three things that you would tell her about the lives of Adivasis in India.
14. Would you agree with the statement that economic marginalisation and social marginalisation are interlinked? Why?
15. What does Ghettoisation mean?
16. Explain the term Mainstream.
17. Define marginalisation.
18. Forests play a crucial role in the development of all empires and settled civilisations in India. How?
19. What happens when Adivasis are displaced from their lands?
20. Write a very short note on Scheduled Tribes.