Have you ever wondered why we need a Constitution or been curious about how the Constitution got written, or who wrote it? In Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 8 Civics, students get to discuss both these issues and also to look at the key features of the Indian Constitution. Each of these features is crucial to the working of democracy in India. Meanwhile, the CBSE Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 The Indian Constitution Important Questions provided also cover the major concepts of the Chapter, so that solving these help students to revise the Chapter most competently.
Given below is the link for the students to download the PDF version of the CBSE Class 8 Important Questions from Civics Chapter 1. Students can click the link and start solving the questions to prepare for the exam.
The Indian Constitution
1. Why does a country need a Constitution?
2. What do you understand by the term ‘constitutive’? Provide one example of ‘constitutive rules’ from your everyday life.
3. Why did the people of Nepal want a new Constitution?
4. What are the key features of the Indian Constitution?
5. Write a note on Federalism.
6. Describe the Parliamentary Form of Government.
7. Discuss the difference between State and Government.
8. What are the Fundamental Rights in the Indian Constitution? Explain.
9. If a 13-year old child is working in a factory manufacturing carpets. Which Fundamental Rights will the following situation violate?
10. If a group of people are not given permission to open a Telugu-medium school in Kerala. Mention the Fundamental Right that is being violated by this.
11. Describe Nepal’s struggle for democracy.
12. Write a note on Secularism.
13. The Constitution also mentions Fundamental Duties. What do they include? Why is it important for citizens in a democracy to observe these?
14. What would happen if there were no restrictions on the power of elected representatives?
15. In a school with 30 teachers, 20 of them are male. Identify the minority. Write one reason why you think it is important to respect the views of the minority in this situation.
16. What is the term Arbitrary?
17. Explain the term Human Trafficking
18. Describe the term Preamble.
19. Describe the Directive Principles of the State Policy.
20. What is meant by Sovereignty?
21. When did the struggle for Democracy start in Nepal?
22. What form of Government is the Indian Government?
23. Who was the president of the constituent assembly?
(b)Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(c) B R Ambedkar
(d) C Rajaji