Table of Contents:
A. GS1 Related:
B. GS2 Related:
C. GS3 Related:
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
D. GS4 Related:
Useful News Articles for UPSC Current Affairs
A. GS1 Related
Category: SOCIAL ISSUES
- VP Hamid Ansari’s wife Salma Ansari has said that articulating “talaq” thrice does not add up to separate and requested that Muslim ladies read the Quran altogether as opposed to depending on pastors.
- Ansari’s perspectives on triple talaq come when there is an across the nation banter on the practice and the legitimacy of triple talaq, ‘nikah halala’ and polygamy rehearses among Muslims tested in the Supreme Court.
- Ladies must have the fearlessness to peruse the Quran independent from anyone else and introspect what’s composed in it and pick up learning about it, she stated, underscoring that ladies ought not indiscriminately tail anybody.
- Women can be effectively confused on the off chance that they don’t read the Quran, she said.
- The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) had as of late told the Supreme Court that the requests testing such practices among Muslims were not viable as the issues fell outside the domain of legal.
- The Board had likewise said that the legitimacy of Mohammedan Law, established basically on the Holy Quran and sources in light of it, can’t be tried on the specific arrangements of the Constitution.
B. GS2 Related
- The liquor trade, as the Supreme Court has underlined, is without a doubt res additional commercium, something outside the possibility of trade.
- It exists exclusively at the circumspection of policymakers with no attending major right that different organizations appreciate.
- The fact of the matter was refered to by the court while requesting that alcohol deals be restricted inside 500 meters from national and State interstates.
- Forcing limitations on the area of alcohol outlets, applying them in a differential way to distributes, lodgings and independent bars is without a doubt an legislative choice. It is conceivable to contend that the executive will be careless in requirement, degenerate in permitting or too income driven to stress over the social expenses of its choices.
- In any case, is that reason enough for the judiciary to force standards without respect to the issues that they may offer ascent to? To be perfectly honest, the appropriate response is no.
- The request has descended like a heavy hammer not just on the alcohol distributes and the accommodation division additionally on the incomes of State governments, on the matter of inns and bars, and the tourism capability of many parts of the nation.
- One may revile or giggle away these moves to evade the request; yet they can be additionally observed as urgent reactions from those dreading loss of salary, employments and business. The court ought to have the astuteness and the humility to look at the outcomes of its request and do the essential thing — correct it.
What’s in news ?
- Many States felt that a Governor should be qualified, non-partisan and above politics.
- The Inter-State Council (ISC), led by Home Minister Rajnath Singh, on Sunday discussed the discretionary powers of the Governor during government formation. Some States wanted a fixed cooling-off period for retired bureaucrats and judges before they are appointed Governors.
M.M. Punchhi Commission’s recommendations on Centre-State relations
- As indicated by the M.M. Punchhi Commission’s proposals on Center-State relations, which were considered at the meeting, the Governor ought to take after clear rules in the arrangement of a main pastor by adhering to an ” clear order of preference”.
- The commission has suggested that a Chief Minister ought to be made a request to demonstrate his larger part inside a reasonable time confine before he is rejected.
- In such a situation, the Chief Minister ought to demonstrate his dominant part inside five days to a most extreme of 30 days.
Category: INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- The U.S. rocket assault on a Syrian airbase, which President Donald Trump requested after regular people in the revolt held Idlib territory were hit with substance weapons bringing about the passings of no less than 80 individuals, denote a takeoff in American strategy towards the war-desolated nation.
- On the substance of it, it seems, by all accounts, to be a striking move proposed to take Mr. Assad to errand for his activities. Be that as it may, in truth, the Trump organization has gambled heightening the Syrian emergency to much more unsafe levels.
What the UN charter says?
- The strike also raises questions about its legality. The UN Charter clearly states that any attack on another country needs Security Council approval unless it is an act in self-defence.
What could have been done?
- Trump could have waited for the UN to complete its probe into the chemical attack in Khan Shaykhun before initiating military action, while simultaneously working to build a consensus on Syria at the UN Security Council.
Way forward to end Syrian crisis:
- The U.S. what’s more, different nations could likewise have put more weight on Moscow to get control over Mr. Assad, and offered support to the peace procedure upheld by Russia and Turkey.
- On the off chance that the most recent six years of the dangerous common war in Syria offer a solid lesson, it is that there are no fast fixes to this emergency that has political, partisan and geopolitical measurements.
- Evacuating Mr. Assad persuasively may sound deliberate, yet it hazards a head-to-head showdown between the U.S. what’s more, Russia and could bring about the passings and dislodging of numerous more Syrians, setting off another flood of displaced people.
- The essential concentration of the global group ought to be on consummation this war, not on lighting new flames.
- India is the world’s most populous democracy and will, by 2030, be the most populous country, overtaking China. And it is young — there are more Indian 10-year-olds than there are Australians.
Three focus areas
- Amid the visit we will concentrate on three ranges of our relationship that show awesome potential: our financial, learning and vital associations.
- India is rousing the world with its unstable financial development. Its monetary remove off is lifting millions from neediness, changing the nation into the world’s quickest developing real economy, with estimated development of 7.5% in 2017.
- Two-way exchange is developing, and moving toward $20 billion, however that is unreasonably low and there’s a lot more we can do.
- The Government will report the aftereffects of the tenth round of the Australia-India Strategic Research Fund. Worth more than $100 million, this activity has empowered our most keen personalities to work together in regions, for example, sustenance security and wellbeing, and propel the limits of human learning in quantum figuring, nanotechnology and stargazing.
- By joining our gifts, we can add to the mechanical accomplishments effectively made in both our nations.
C. GS3 Related
- President Pranab Mukherjee picked up the lucky winners from the 100th draw of lots under the digital payments promotion schemes at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here. He congratulated the six winners — three consumers and three merchants — of Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana.
- The Government of India seeks to promote digital payment methods to encourage consumers and merchants to increasingly shift to these payment modes.
- The two schemes, namely Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for Merchants, seek to nudge people towards significantly higher usage of digital transactions through the offer of incentives.
- The Lucky Grahak Yojana and the Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana offers cash awards to consumers and merchants who utilize digital payment instruments for personal consumption expenditures.
- The scheme specially focuses on bringing the poor, lower middle class and small businesses into the digital payment fold. The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) is the implementing agency for this scheme.
Category: ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Three crore hatchlings anticipated that would come out of nests.
- A huge number of hatchlings are leaving the homes covered under sand on this drift to wander into the ocean.
- The Rushikulya rookery drift in Ganjam locale of Odisha is a noteworthy settling site for Olive Ridley turtles in India.
- This year, more than 3,85,000 turtles achieved the drift to lay eggs. Each home contains around 100 eggs. This implies more than three crore hatchlings are relied upon to leave the homes.
- As the rate of mortality among the hatchlings is high, the Olive Ridley remains an endangered species.
Category: INTERNAL SECURITY
- Manipur, which is bordering with Myanmar and falls in the golden triangle, is a rich ground for poppy cultivation. Farmers develop them in endless zones of the valley and the slopes.
- The incidental obliteration of the verdant poppy plants has not affected the flourishing business. “The poppy-developing season does not conflict with paddy edit. Furthermore, the salary from poppy is gigantic,” an anti-narcotics official say.
- Against opiates authorities can do close to nothing, in light of the fact that the division is understaffed and authorities need to work by the book. They can’t devastate the boundless developments.
- Hostile to opiates authorities feel that medication dealers have discovered their development confined after the Assam Rifles keeping an eye on the 358 km long Manipur-Myanmar fringe ventured up cautiousness against aggressors.
D. GS4 Related
E. Concepts-in-News: Related Concepts to Revise/Learn
|BILLS/ACTS/SCHEMES/ORGANISATIONS IN NEWS||About the Article|
G. Practice Questions for UPSC Prelims Exam:)
Question 1: Consider the following statements:
- The olive ridley sea turtle, also known as the Pacific ridley sea turtle, is a medium-sized species of sea turtle found in warm and tropical waters, primarily in the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
- It is a critically endangered species.
Which of the above statements is /are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
Question 2: Gahirmatha marine wildlife sanctuary is located in which of the following states?
- Tamil Nadu
- Andra Pradesh
Question 3: Which of the following country does not share boundary with Syria?
Question 4: Consider the following statements:
- The Inter State Council is an Indian constitutional body set up on the basis of provisions in Article 263 of the Constitution of India.
- It is presided by th prime minister.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
Question 5: Consider the statements about Inter State Council:
- Sarkaria Commission recommended for setting up of Inter State Council.
- Chief Ministers of states and union territories are members of this council.
Which of the above statements is/are correct ?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
“Proper Current Affairs preparation is the key to success in the UPSC- Civil Services Examination. We have now launched a comprehensive ‘Online Current Affairs Crash Course’. Limited seats available. Click here to Know More.”