The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between India and Jordan for promoting cooperation In the field of Information Technology and Electronics.
- The MoU will develop and strengthen industrial, technological and commercial cooperation between the two countries in Information Technology and Electronics (IT&E) sector and to implement institutional and capacity building cooperation programme aimed at fostering partnerships between the two countries.
The main areas of co-operation between the parties include:-
- Identifying Capacity Building areas and specific needs of Jordanian IT sector, Design, Plan and implement IT Capacity Building Programmes for the benefit to Jordan;
- Cooperation among private and public entities of both countries in the areas of investment and business promotion;
- Strengthening of collaboration in the IT&E sector in the areas of e-education, e-Governance, m-Governance, e-health, telemedicine etc.;
- Sharing of best practices in the areas of regulatory policy and the institutional framework with special emphasis on developing internationally competitive IT&E manufacturing and services industry;
- Participation in International events organized by each country, as appropriate, exchange of experts etc. and
- Other areas as jointly decided by the Parties.
The above areas of cooperation will be realized through establishing a Working Group on IT&E composed of representatives of the Parties.