Books for UPSC Sociology optional/Sociology books for UPSC mains
The Optional subjects are the essential factor of UPSC IAS Exam. It plays a crucial role in deciding the rank of candidates in UPSC IAS Exam. UPSC has released the notification for UPSC 2017 IAS Exam. The IAS Prelims exam is scheduled on 18th June 2017. This year the IAS Mains exam is scheduled in the month of October.
Is Sociology a good optional for IAS?
Sociology as an optional subject for UPSC IAS Mains
Sociology has turned out as a vital part of General Studies paper well as optional paper in Civil Services Mains Examination. Being one of the easiest optional subjects, many aspirants take Sociology yearly as their optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam. The syllabus of sociology optional subject for UPSC IAS Mains can be tackled if approached with right strategies.
Like, other optional subjects sociology has two papers. Paper I of Sociology deals with the fundamentals of Sociology where Paper II of Sociology optional deals with the Indian society, its structure, and change.
Here we are giving the important books for Paper I and Paper II of sociology optional for UPSC IAS Mains.
Books for Sociology optional UPSC/Sociology optional books for UPSC
Books for Sociology Paper I
- Sociology – Anthony Giddens
- Sociological Theory – George Ritzer
- Sociology – Haralambos & Holborn
- Oxford Dictionary Of Sociology
- Sociological Thought – Francis Abraham and John Henry Morgan
- Political Theory – O P Gauba
Books for Sociology Paper II
- Social Change in India – M N Srinivas
- Caste Its Twentieth Century Avatar – M N Srinivas
- Handbook of Indian Sociology – Veena Das
- Indian Society and Culture – Nadeem Hasnain
- Modernization of Indian Tradition – Yogendra Singh
- Persistence and Change in Tribal India – M.V. Rao
- Rural Sociology – Doshi and Jain
- Social Background of Indian Nationalism – A R Desai
Tune into byjus.com/free-ias-prep for more strategy articles and news on UPSC Civil Service IAS Exam
|Sociology books for UPSC mains PDF|