UPSC Civil services IAS Exam is known as the prestigious and the difficult exam in India. UPSC conducts the IAS exam in three stages (Prelims, Mains, Interview) annually.
Read on for Commerce and Accountancy optional books for UPSC mains exam.
Download the Commerce and Accountancy syllabus PDF.
Books for Commerce & Accountancy UPSC
Commerce as an optional subject for UPSC IAS Mains
If UPSC aspirants have commerce as their degree, it is the right subject to choose as their optional subject for UPSC Mains Exam. The syllabus of Commerce optional syllabus matches coordinates well with the degree syllabus for both Paper I and Paper II. UPSC IAS Commerce Paper 1 is full of Practical Problems and the Paper-II of commerce optional subject is totally theoretical. If UPSC Commerce & Accountancy optional subject is approached with practice and thorough understanding one can easily score good marks.
Aspirants may check UPSC Syllabus for Commerce. The compilation of important books for Commerce optional for UPSC IAS Exam is given below.
Books for Commerce Optional Paper I
- Accounting Corporate Accounting – Naseem Ahmed
- Accounting Standards- D. S. Rawat
- Auditing Students’ Guide to Auditing- Aruna Jha
- Income Tax book by- V.K. Singhania or Girish Ahuja
- Cost Accounting; Theory & Problems- Maheshwari & Mittal
- Financial Management
- Taxation- Income Tax, Service Tax & VAT
- Financial Management; Text and Problems- Khan and Jain
- Financial Markets & Institutions
- Indian Financial System- M.Y. Khan
- Financial Institutions & Markets- L.M. Bhole
Candidates targeting UPSC 2021 may check the linked article to strategize better for civil services examination.
Books for Commerce Optional Paper-II
- Human Resource Management- C.B. Gupta
- Industrial Relations- T.N. Chabra and R.K. Suri
- Dynamics of Industrial Relations- C.B. Mamoria and Satish Mamoria
- Human Resource Management- K. Aswathappa
- Organisation Theory and Behaviour- B.P. Singha and T.N. Chabra
- Organization Behaviour- L.M. Prasad
After going through the IAS Commerce books and syllabus for UPSC Commerce & Accountancy optional, candidates can also go through the UPSC Commerce Optional Strategy in the linked article.
You may also refer to the table below to get some relevant articles about UPSC Commerce and Accountancy subject and IAS exam