The Union Public Service Commission is the body responsible for conducting the IAS Exam. Candidates looking forward to appearing for the upcoming recruitment can find details of the application process, opening and closing dates of online registration, and other important dates.
Of the many UPSC posts, the All India Services are the one’s that aspirants seek the most. Since the exam is annually conducted, candidates get ample amount of time to prepare themselves for the paper, which is considered to be one of the toughest entry-level examinations in the country.
In November 2021, the conducting body had released the UPSC Calendar 2022 with the tentative exam schedule for the various posts. Based on the same, the prelims is set to be held on June 5, 2022, while the mains are scheduled starting from September 16, 2022, onwards.
Candidates can get the brief of the online application and registration process further below.
|Table of Contents:|
UPSC Exam Dates 2022 – Online Registration
The table given below displays the important dates for the IAS exam application process. All the aspiring candidates refer to the same and sort out a strategized plan to outshine in the examination:
|Civil Services Exam Dates 2022|
|Online Registration Starts||February 2, 2022|
|Closing Date for Online Application||February 22, 2022|
*Note: The dates mentioned above are for UPSC prelims, post which a Detailed Application Form (DAF) is released for candidates appearing in the Mains phase of the examination. This DAF and the guidelines to fill it are announced atleast a month prior to the IAS mains exam.
One must also remember that there are certain IAS eligibility criteria that are mentioned in the official notification, and only the candidates who fulfil the same are eligible to apply for the examination. Thus, the aspirants must carefully scrutinize the same before filling in the application form.
UPSC Calendar 2021 – Prelims & Mains Registration Dates
In 2021, modifications were made in the exam dates due to the ongoing pandemic, however, as of now, no such announcements have been made for the upcoming recruitment. Thus, given below is the provisional schedule for the IAS 2021 examination for reference:
|Civil Services Exam Dates 2021 – Online Application for Prelims & Mains|
|Official Notification||March 4, 2021|
|Opening Date for Online Registration||March 4, 2021|
|Closing Date for Application Form Submission||March 24, 2021|
|Release Date for DAF for CSE Mains||November 22, 2021|
|Closing Date for Submission of DAF||December 1, 2021|
Aspirants can check the detailed UPSC Exam Dates for the latest and previous recruitment at the linked article.
IAS Application Process – All You Need to Know
- The application form can be filled out at the Commission’s official website (upsc.gov.in)
- Candidates need to enter their personal information, contact details, academic qualifications and other required fields in the registration form
- Applicants need to upload a photograph and signature in the online form. These must be in .jpg format and the size may vary between 20KB and 300KB
- An application fee needs to be paid to successfully complete the registration details. Given below are the details about the same:
- Gen/OBC/EWS – Rs.100/-
- SC/ST/ Female/Persons with Benchmark Disability – Exempted
- The payment can be done both online and offline.
- Offline – by depositing the money in any branch of State Bank of India by cash
- Online – using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/ Debit Card
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification, applicants can contact the Commission’s Facilitation Counter:
- Telephone No. – 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543
Furthermore, aspirants must ensure that the application process is filled with utmost sincerity and diligence as any error in the registration form can lead to the cancellation of the candidate’s candidature.
For any more details, latest exam updates or study material, candidates can visit BYJU’S and get expert assistance.