Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Ex Cope India 2018
- Ex Cope India-18 is a 12-day joint exercise which is the fourth edition in the series of Bilateral Joint exercise held between IAF and USAF. This is for the first time, the exercise is being held at two air force bases.
- The US has sent a fleet of F15 C/D and C-130 military aircraft. The IAF is participating with the Su-30 MKI, Jaguar, Mirage 2000, C-130J and AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) aircraft.
- The aim of the exercise is to provide operational exposure and undertake mutual exchange of best practices towards enhancing operational capability.
- It will showcase US and India’s efforts and commitment to free and open Indo-Pacific region.
Other defense exercises between India and the USA
- Yudh Abhiyas: Exercise Yudh Abhyas is part of an ongoing series of joint exercises between the Indian and United States Armies since 2005, agreed upon under the New Framework of the India-US Defence Relationship. Commencing at the platoon level, the exercise has graduated to a command post (CPX) and field training exercise (FTX).
- Malabar: Exercise Malabar is a trilateral naval exercise involving the United States, Japan and India as permanent partners. Originally begun in 1992 as a bilateral exercise between India and the United States, Japan became a permanent partner in 2015.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.