December 3rd, 2020 PIB:- Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2. Millets in India 3. India and USA sign MoU 4. Navy Day 5. Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI)
PM’s message on International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
About the International Day of Persons with Disabilities:
- 3rd December is observed as the International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
- This annual observance was initiated by the UN in 1992.
- It aims to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society and development and to increase awareness of the situation of persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life.
- The theme for the International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2020: “Building back better: towards an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world by, for and with persons with disabilities”.
APEDA strategizes Action Plan for the promotion of millets and millet products with IIMR.
- APEDA is formulating a strategy with Indian Institute of Millet Research (IIMR) and other stakeholders like National Institute Nutrition, CFTRI and Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) for perspective planning of five years for the promotion of millets and millet products.
To know more about APEDA, check PIB dated Jan 5, 2020.
Read more about millets in India (types, govt. schemes, etc.) in the linked article.
India, USA sign MoU on Intellectual Property cooperation.
- The MoU was signed between the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, GOI and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Department of Commerce of the United States of America.
- The MoU aims at boosting IP cooperation between both countries by:
- Facilitating exchange and dissemination of IP best practices, knowledge and experience on the various aspects of IP
- Collaboration in training programs, exchange of experts, technical exchanges and outreach activities
- The MoU will go a long way in fostering the cooperation between India and USA and provide opportunities to both countries to learn from the experience of each other, especially in terms of best practices followed in the other country.
- It will be a landmark step forward in India’s journey towards becoming a major player in global innovation and will further the objectives of the National IPR Policy, 2016.
4. Navy Day
The fourth of December is celebrated every year as Navy Day.
About Navy Day:
- This day marks a decisive victory for India in the 1971 Indo-Pak war.
- During Operation Trident, the missile boats of the Indian Navy successfully fired their missiles onto ships, oil installations and shore defence installations of Pakistan at Karachi.
- During the 1971 operations, the Indian Navy sunk many Pakistani ships carrying war sustenance efforts and critical stores.
- The fighter aircraft from the deck of INS Vikrant, struck at the enemy harbours and airfield at Chittagong and Khulna, destroying ships, defence facilities and installations.
- Both the missile strikes at Karachi and air attacks from Vikrant led to the defeat Pakistani Forces in East Pakistan.
63rd Founding Day celebrations of DRI.
To know more about DRI, check PIB dated Dec 4, 2019.
Read previous PIB here.
December 3rd, 2020, PIB:- Download PDF Here