Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Context: Indian Space Research Organization’s (ISRO) Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-F11) successfully launched the communication satellite GSAT-7A from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota.
- The GSLV-F11 lifted off GSAT-7A weighing 2250kg and injected into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).
- GSAT-7A is the heaviest satellite being launched by GSLV with an indigenously developed cryogenic stage.
- GSAT-7A is an advanced communication satellite with a Gregorian Antenna and many other new technologies.
- GSLV is ISRO’s fourth generation launch vehicle with three stages. The four liquid strap-ons and a solid rocket motor at the core form the first stage. The second stage is equipped with a high thrust engine using liquid fuel. The cryogenic upper stage forms the third and final stage of the vehicle.
- An ‘e-Drishti’ interface has been unveiled for the Union Railway Minister, Minister of State and Board Members. This software includes an interface which provides summary information on punctuality of trains for the previous day.
- There is also an interface which provides information on current train running on the Indian Railway network.
- There are interfaces providing details of freight earning, freight loading and passenger earnings for the previous day & month and cumulative for the year, in comparison to the corresponding period of the previous year.
Ministry of Rural Development Signs MoU with Maruti Suzuki India
Context: MoRD Signs MoU with Maruti Suzuki India Ltd for Training Rural Youth for Skill Development Under Deendayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (Ddu-Gky).
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is the flagship placement linked skill-training programme under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD).
- This partnership between the government and the leading industry from the automotive sector will provide training to at least 5000 candidates in two years with assured placement to the rural youth of our country.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|Indian Space Research Organisation|
|Interesting facts about Indian Railways|