TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Hydrogen for Heritage 2. 36th International Surajkund Crafts Mela 2023 3. Krishnaguru Eknaam Akhanda Kirtan for World Peace 4. Pariksha Parv 5.0
Syllabus: GS 3, Indian Economy.
Mains: Indian Railways and Hydrogen fuel.
Prelims: Hydrogen for Heritage.
Context: Indian Railways has proposed to launch 35 Hydrogen trains.
- Indian Railways (IR) has proposed to launch 35 Hydrogen trains under “Hydrogen for Heritage”.
- It is estimated that the cost would be ₹ 80 crores per train and ground infrastructure would be ₹ 70 crores per route on various heritage or hill routes.
- It is suggested that the field trials of the first prototype on the Jind-Sonipat section of Northern Railway will commence in 2023-2024.
- Apart from this, a pilot project for retrofitting the Hydrogen Fuel cell on the existing Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) rake along with ground infrastructure at the cost of approximately ₹ 111.83 crores has also been envisaged at the Jind-Sonipat section.
- Hydrogen as a fuel is very beneficial for green transportation technology and is a clean energy source.
- Initially, the running cost of the Hydrogen trains would be slightly higher than the other trains, but it will subsequently decrease with an increase in the number of trains.
Also read: National Hydrogen Energy Mission (NHEM)
2. 36th International Surajkund Crafts Mela 2023
Syllabus: GS 1, Indian Art and Culture.
Mains: Surajkund Crafts Mela.
Prelims: Surajkund Crafts Mela.
- The 36th International Surajkund Crafts Mela 2023 is being organized from 3 to 19 February 2023 at Faridabad (Haryana).
- The theme state of the Mela in 2023 is “The Eight North Eastern States of India”.
- The nodal agencies that will establish the North Eastern Region Theme State pavilion are NERAMAC and North NEHHDC. The pavilion would comprise a permanent structure comprising elements from all 8 States of the region, fashion shows, artisan stalls, and cultural performances along with various other activities to showcase the rich culture of the region.
- It would also highlight the progress and development in Nort Eastern India.
Also read: North Eastern Council (NEC)
3. Krishnaguru Eknaam Akhanda Kirtan for World Peace
Syllabus: GS 1, Indian History and Culture.
Prelims: Krishnaguru Eknaam Akhanda Kirtan.
Context: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Kirtan through video conferencing.
- The Krishnaguru Eknaam Akhanda Kirtan for World Peace is being held at Krishnaguru Sevashram at Barpeta, Assam. It is a month-long kirtan that began on 6th January 2023.
- It was highlighted during the address that the traditions of knowledge, service, and humanity propagated by Krishna Guru ji in ancient times are existing even today.
- It was underlined that events like Kumbh, Pushkaram Celebration in the Brahmaputra River, Mahamaham at Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu, Mahamastakabhisheka of Bhagwan Bahubali, blooming of Neelakurinji flower are the events that take place once in twelve years. Such spiritual events give the opportunity to gather, discuss, and analyze the happenings of the last twelve years and prepare plans for the future.
- Paramguru Krishnaguru Ishwar is the ninth descendant of Mahavaishnab Manohardeva, who was a follower of the great Vaishnavite saint Shri Shankardeva.
- He established the Krishnaguru Sevashram in 1974, at Nasatra village in Barpeta, Assam.
Syllabus: GS 2, Polity and Governance.
Mains: Government policies and interventions.
Prelims: Pariksha Parv 5.0.
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) is organizing Pariksha Parv 5.0 from 6th February to 31st March 2023.
- It aims to provide a platform for students, parents, and teachers to share their thoughts and get guidance and essential tips from experts, renowned personalities, and motivational speakers.
- It would mitigate the stress and anxiety of students and change the perspective of children toward exams. It intends to make exams a joyful activity.
- NCPCR is following a multipronged approach in 2023 to reach out to teachers and parents in addition to children.
- Pariksha Parv 5.0 comprises:
- Live Streaming Sessions through social media platforms on topics like pressure and stress management, cyber safety, prevention of drugs and substance abuse, online education, POCSO, career counselling, etc.
- Exam Warriors is an activity that promotes audio/video messages to students on managing exam-related stress and anxiety.
- Radio Spots shall be broadcasted on All India Radio with audio messages of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on Pariksha Pe Charcha 2023.
- SAMVEDNA is a Toll-free Tele Counseling service introduced by NCPCR, where qualified and trained counsellors will provide assistance to students to cope with exam and result-related fears.
- Notably, NCPCR is celebrating Pariksha Parv since 2019.
Also read: Child Protection in India
Read the previous PIB articles here.
February 3rd, 2023, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|National Green Hydrogen Mobility Project||Poshan Abhiyaan|
|Zero Budget Natural Farming||GeM: Government e-Marketplace|
|India Semiconductor Mission||Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)|