TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. CoWin Global Conclave 2. Five portals on the AYUSH sector launched 3. NIPUN Bharat Programme 4. National Tourism Awards
Prime Minister addressed the CoWin Global Conclave.
About the CoWin Global Conclave:
- It is a virtual conclave held to share India’s experience with regards to universal vaccination to fight COVID-19 through Co-WIN.
- Health and technology experts from many countries took part in the conclave.
- About 50 countries, including Canada, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama and Uganda, have shown interest in adopting CoWIN, stated the National Health Authority (NHA) CEO.
- India developed Co-WIN as the central information technology (IT) system for strategizing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating Covid vaccination.
- Addressing the conclave, PM Modi said that India will offer the CoWIN platform as a digital public good to other countries to run their own COVID-19 inoculation drives. The Prime Minister has directed officials to create an open-source version of the platform and give it to any country that wants it for free.
Five portals of importance were launched and four publications were released by the Union Minister of Ayush.
- Ayurveda Dataset on Clinical Trial Registry of India (CTRI): CTRI is a primary Register of Clinical Trials under the WHO’s International Clinical Trials Registry Platform. The creation of an Ayurveda Dataset in CTRI facilitates the usage of Ayurveda terminologies to record clinical study based on Ayurveda interventions. This will enhance worldwide visibility for Ayurveda-based clinical trials.
- CCRAS-Research Management Information System (RMIS): RMIS is a one-stop solution for Research and Development in Ayurveda-based studies. The portal offers free reference material, research tools, and guidance by scientists and clinicians. It was developed jointly by the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- E-Medha (electronic Medical Heritage Accession) Portal: Online public access catalogue for more than 12000 Indian medical heritage books through NIC’s e-granthalaya platform.
- AMAR (Ayush Manuscripts Advanced Repository) Portal: It has digitized information on rare and hard to find manuscripts and catalogues of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa in libraries or in individual collections across India or in other parts of the world.
- SHAI (Showcase of Ayurveda Historical Imprints) Portal: It showcases inscriptions, archaeo-botanical information, sculptures, philological sources and advanced archaeo-genetic studies.
NIPUN Bharat Programme launched by the Education Minister.
About NIPUN Bharat Programme:
- NIPUN is an acronym for National Initiative for Proficiency In Reading With Understanding and N
- Vision of the Mission – To create an enabling environment to ensure universal acquisition of foundational literacy and numeracy, so that by 2026-27 every child achieves the desired learning competencies in reading, writing and numeracy at the end of Grade III and not later than Grade V.
- The mission will focus on:
- Providing access and retaining children in foundational years of schooling;
- Teacher capacity building;
- Development of high quality and diversified Student and Teacher Resources/Learning Materials; and
- Tracking the progress of each child in achieving learning outcomes.
- It has been launched under the aegis of the centrally sponsored Samagra Shiksha Scheme.
- NIPUN Bharat aims to cover the learning needs of children in the age group of 3 to 9 years.
- The program envisages making the experience of learning at the foundational stage Holistic, Integrated, Inclusive, Enjoyable, and Engaging.
- The goals of the Mission are set in the form of Lakshya Soochi or Targets for Foundational Literacy and Numeracy.
- Lakshyas have been developed from Balvatika to Grade 3.
- The Laskhyas are based on the learning outcomes developed by the NCERT and international research and ORF studies.
The Ministry of Tourism invites entries for National Tourism Awards for the year 2018-19.
About National Tourism Awards:
- The National Tourism Awards are presented in various segments of the travel and tourism industry such as State Governments/Union Territories, classified hotels, heritage hotels, approved travel agents, tour operators and tourist transport operators, individuals and other private organizations in recognition of their performance in their respective fields and also to encourage healthy competition with an aim to promote tourism.
- The awards are given by the Tourism Ministry, GOI.
Read previous PIB here.
July 5th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here