TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Mishri variety of cherries 2. Ministry of Co-operation 3. Matsya Setu App 4. Tele-Law programme 5. Khadi Prakritik Paint
First commercial shipment of Mishri variety of cherries from Kashmir exported to Dubai.
- Mishri variety of Cherries are not only delicious but also contain vitamins, minerals and plant compound with health benefits.
- Jammu and Kashmir produces more than 95% of the country’s total production of commercial varieties of cherries.
- It produces four varieties of cherry — Double, Makhmali, Mishri and Italy.
- The commencement of commercial shipment of cherries would provide huge opportunities for exports of several temperate fruits like plums, pears, apricot and apples from Kashmir to especially middle east countries in the forthcoming seasons.
A new Ministry of Co-operation created.
- A separate ‘Ministry of Co-operation’ has been created by the government for realizing the vision of ‘Sahkar se Samriddhi’.
- This ministry will provide a separate administrative, legal and policy framework for strengthening the cooperative movement in the country.
- The Ministry will work to streamline processes for ‘Ease of doing business’ for co-operatives and enable the development of Multi-State Co-operatives (MSCS).
Matsya Setu Mobile App launched by the Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Ministry.
About the Matsya Setu App:
- It is an online course mobile app developed by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA), Bhubaneswar, with the funding support of the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad.
- The app aims to disseminate the latest freshwater aquaculture technologies to the aqua farmers of the country.
- Matsya Setu app has species-wise/subject-wise self-learning online course modules, where renowned aquaculture experts explain the basic concepts and practical demonstrations on breeding, seed production and grow-out culture of commercially important fishes like carp, catfish, scampi, murrel, ornamental fish, pearl farming etc.
- Better Management Practices to be followed in maintaining the soil & water quality, feeding and health management in aquaculture operations are also provided in the course platform.
- The modules are divided into small video chapters for the convenience of the learners, along with additional learning materials.
- It also features quizzes and tests for self-assessment.
- Upon successful completion of each course module, an e-Certificate can be auto-generated.
- Farmers can also ask their doubts through the app and get specific advisories from experts.
Tele-Law programme crosses the 9 lakh beneficiaries mark.
Read more on the Tele-Law Initiative in the linked article.
MSME Minister becomes the brand ambassador of Khadi Prakritik Paint.
To know more about Khadi Prakritik Paint, check PIB dated Jan 11, 2021.
Read previous PIB here.
July 6th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here