TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Kabir Das 2. Maritime State Development Council (MSDC) 3. Project Seabird 4. Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
1. Kabir Das
Kabir Das Jayanti is observed on the Jyeshtha Purnima tithi, as per the Hindu lunar calendar. It marks the birth anniversary of Bhakti saint Kabir Das.
About Sant Kabir Das:
- Kabir Das was a 15th century mystic poet-saint who profoundly influenced the Bhakti movement in India.
- Born in Varanasi, he was a disciple of Bhakti saint Ramananda.
- He is said to have criticised organised religion and questioned many meaningless practices of both Hinduism and Islam.
- Kabir’s poems and Dohas written in vernacular Hindi influenced by Braj and Awadhi dialects inspire people to this day.
Also read: Bhakti Movement
18th Meeting of the Maritime State Development Council (MSDC).
About the Maritime State Development Council (MSDC):
- The MSDC is an apex advisory body for the development of the maritime sector and aims to ensure integrated development of Major and non-Major Ports.
- It was constituted in 1997 to assess in consultation with State Governments, the future development of existing and new Minor Ports by the respective Maritime States either directly or through captive users and private participation.
- The MSDC also monitors the development of minor ports, captive ports and private ports in the Maritime States with a view to ensure their integrated development with Major.
Also read: Major ports in India
What is Project Seabird?
- It is a naval infrastructure project which entails the creation of a naval base at Karwar (Karnataka) on the west coast of India.
- Upon completion, this $3 billion program and effort will provide the Indian Navy with its largest naval base on the west coast and also the largest naval base east of the Suez Canal.
- The new and expanded naval complex will be able to support several major warships and submarines and yard crafts.
- A specialised dockyard repair and maintenance facilities (with piers, wharfs, revetments, quay walls, etc.), covered dry berths for ships and submarines, new technologically advanced security and communication systems, a Naval Air Station (including multiple runways, hangars, housing, ordnance handling areas, services, personnel support infrastructure, etc.), various utilities systems as well as housing and residential complexes at multiple locations are some of the other facilities that the base will feature.
- The project involves several technical and environmental challenges owing to the partially hilly terrain.
25th anniversary of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids.
About the Campaign:
- Through strategic communications and policy advocacy campaigns, the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids works to change public attitudes about tobacco and promote proven policies that are most effective at reducing tobacco use and save the most lives.
- It works closely with the Tobacco-Free Kids Action Fund.
- It is a non-profit organisation based out of the US.
Read previous PIB here.
June 24th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|UPSC Mains Exam||Government Exams|
|List of Joint Military Exercises of the Indian Army
||International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)
|Inland Vessels Bill, 2021