Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA)
- It is a maritime and aerospace exhibition that takes place once every two years in Langkawi, Malaysia.
- The event is one of the largest maritime and aerospace exhibitions in the Asia-Pacific, and is focused mainly on the defence industry.
- Indian Air Force is participating in the Expo for the first time and it will showcase its indigenously developed LCA fighter aircraft.
- INS Kadmatt participated in numerous activities planned as part of LIMA.
Details about ship
- INS Kadmatt is an indigenous stealth anti-submarine warfare corvette.
- The ship is fitted with state of the art weapons, sensors and machinery and is also designed to embark the Seaking anti-submarine helicopter.
- The ship would participate in numerous activities planned as part of LIMA 19 for seven days at Langkawi, including the International Fleet Review (IFR) by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, maritime and air demonstration, and sea exercises with 29 other participating navies.
- Participation of Indian Air Force in LIMA – 2019 will provide an opportunity to air-warriors to interact with their Royal Malaysian Air Force counterparts and foster close relationship between the two services.
- This will also serve as a foundation for any future interaction with the Malaysian Air Force.