TABLE OF CONTENTS
Climate Resilience Information System and Planning (CRISP-M) tool for MGNREGS launched.
- Union Minister has launched the CRISM-M tool for the integration of climate information in Geographic Information System (GIS) based watershed planning under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA.
- The CRISP-M tool will help embed climate information in the GIS based planning and implementation of MGNREGA.
- This tool will be used in seven states wherein the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Government of UK and the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India are jointly working towards climate resilience. The states are Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Rajasthan.
- The tool is expected to help communities undertake climate risk management more effectively by combining scientific climate risk information with the traditional knowledge, practices and skills of communities.
- CRISP-M is a web and mobile phone-based geographic information system-aided tool that has been designed to help communities make climate-smart decisions. It helps enable them to absorb the effects of climate risks, adapt to climate impacts and transform their capacities to deal with growing climate impacts.
Read previous PIB here.
October 13th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana||New Development Bank (NDB)
|Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana
||Ethanol Blended Petrol Programme