October 16th, 2020 PIB:- Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. NSG Raising Day 2. Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana (KSVY) 3. India – Kazakhstan Defence Cooperation 4. Tidbits
PM greets NSG personnel on their Raising Day.
Know more about the NSG in PIB dated Oct 15, 2019, under the heading, ‘National Security Guard’.
The Culture Ministry issues guidelines for holding cultural events/activities in virtual/online mode under various scheme components of the Central Sector Scheme ‘Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana’ (KSVY).
About the Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana (KSVY):
- It is an umbrella scheme of the Culture Ministry under which cultural organizations are given financial assistance for the promotion of art and culture.
- A few of the schemes under this are:
- Repertory Grant: Repertory is the performance of ballets, dramas, operas at regular intervals by a company. Under Repertory Grant, training is provided.
- National Presence: Under National Presence, cultural programmes/festival/seminars, etc. at the national level for the promotion of art & culture may be conducted online.
- Cultural Function & Production Grant (CFPG): Under the CFPG, seminars, conference, research, workshops, festivals, exhibitions, symposia, production of dance, drama-theatre, music, etc. and small research projects on different aspects of Indian culture may be conducted online.
- Himalayan Heritage: Under Financial Assistance for the Preservation & Development of Cultural Heritage of the Himalayas, study and research, preservation and documentation, dissemination through audiovisual programmes, training in traditional & fold art may be conducted online.
- Buddhist/Tibetan: Under Financial Assistance for Development of Buddhist/Tibetan Arts, research project, purchase of books, documentation and cataloguing, award of scholarships to monks, holding of special courses and culture, audio-visual recording/documentation, IT upgradation training aids for monastic, salary to teachers may be performed online.
- Scholarship/Fellowship: Under Scheme of Scholarships and Fellowships for Promotion of Art and Culture, advanced training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music and research may be performed online and report can also be submitted in soft version.
India – Kazakhstan Defence Cooperation: Webinar and Expo held.
- The theme of the webinar was “Make In India For The World, India – Kazakhstan Defence Cooperation: Webinar and Expo”.
- It was organized under the aegis of the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence through FICCI.
- This webinar is part of the series of webinars which are being organized with friendly foreign countries in order to boost defence exports and achieve the defence export target of $5 billion in the next five years.
- India – International Food & Agri Week is being organised from 16th to 22nd October 2020.
- 16th October is observed as ‘World Food Day’.
- The day marks the foundation of the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
- The World Food Day was established by FAO in 1979.
- The theme for 2020 is “Grow, Nourish, Sustain. Together”.
Read previous PIB here.
October 16th, 2020, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|UPSC 2020||Government Exams|
|UPSC Current Affairs Quiz||UPSC Prelims Exam|
|UPSC Monthly Magazine for Current Affairs||IAS Eligibility|