October 18th, 2020 PIB:- Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Indian Navy – Sri Lanka Navy Maritime Exercise SLINEX-20 off Trincomalee.
- The eighth edition of the annual Indian Navy (IN) – Sri Lanka Navy (SLN) bilateral maritime exercise SLINEX-20 is scheduled off Trincomalee, Sri Lanka from 19 to 21 October 2020.
- SLINEX-20 aims to enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies.
- In addition, the exercise will also showcase the capabilities of the indigenously constructed naval ships and aircraft.
- Surface and anti-air exercises including weapon firing, seamanship evolutions, manoeuvres and cross deck flying operations are planned during the exercise, which will further enhance the high degree of inter-operability already established between the two friendly navies.
- The Indian Navy will be represented by Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Corvettes Kamorta and Kiltan among others.
- SLINEX (Sri Lanka India Naval Exercise) is a series of naval exercises between the Indian Navy and the Sri Lanka Navy.
- The first SLINEX took place in 2005.
BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile Successfully Test Fired from Indian Navy’s Stealth Destroyer, INS Chennai.
Read more on BrahMos in the linked article.
Read previous PIB here.
October 18th, 2020, PIB:- Download PDF Here