September 24th, 2020 PIB:- Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Centralized Farm Machinery Performance Testing Portal 2. RAISE 2020 3. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) 4. National Biopharma Mission
Union Agriculture Minister launches the Centralized Farm Machinery Performance Testing Portal in the public domain.
- The portal has been developed by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare.
- It is seen as a step to improve the services of farm machinery testing institutions and bringing out transparency in the entire process of testing and evaluation of machines.
- The portal will facilitate manufacturers in applying, communicating and monitoring the progress of testing of their machines in a seamless manner as it is easily accessible from any location and from any device connected to the Internet.
- It will improve the efficiency of the testing institutes thereby reducing testing time for various agricultural machines and equipment.
Benefits of agricultural mechanization:
- It contributes to increasing the efficiency and productivity of all direct as well as indirect inputs used in the crop production system.
- It also reduces the drudgery associated with various farm operations.
- Testing of farm machines is an important aspect of agricultural mechanization which benefits both buyers i.e. farmers as well as the manufacturers of agricultural machinery.
- Testing and evaluation of agricultural machinery encourage improvement in quality and functional suitability.
- Comparable data for similar machines are available to manufacturers, which help them in improving the design of their product and open up avenues in the commercialization of agricultural machinery not only on the national level but also globally.
2. RAISE 2020
RAISE 2020 – Mega Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence to be held in October 2020.
About RAISE 2020:
- RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020,’ is being conducted by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog.
- It will be a global meeting of minds to exchange ideas and chart a course for using AI for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment in areas like healthcare, agriculture, education and smart mobility, among other sectors.
- Representatives from the global AI industry will hold discussions at the summit.
- Chosen start-ups will also showcase their AI solutions in the summit.
- India is home to the world’s third-largest start-up ecosystem.
- Industry analysts predict that AI could add up to $957 billion to India’s economy by 2035.
Foundation day of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) on 25th September.
- 25th September 2014 was declared the ‘Antyodaya Diwas’ in honour of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya’s 98th birth anniversary.
- On the same day, the Ministry of Rural Development revamped its existing skill development program called Aajeevika Skills as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY).
- To commemorate Antyodaya Diwas 2020, the Ministry is celebrating this day for DDU-GKY with its beneficiaries and other stakeholders spread across the country.
- DDU-GKY is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), tasked with the dual objectives of adding diversity to the incomes of rural poor families and catering to the career aspirations of rural youth.
- DDU-GKY is uniquely focused on rural youth between the ages of 15 and 35 years from poor families.
- It is a placement linked skill development program which allows skilling in a PPP mode and assured placements in regular jobs in an organization not owned by the skilled person.
- DDU-GKY is being undertaken as a PPP Project all over the country through Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) registered with the Ministry of Rural Development.
To know about the National Biopharma Mission, click on the linked article.
The above information was given by the Union Health Minister in the Lok Sabha.
Read previous PIB here.
September 24th, 2020, PIB:- Download PDF Here