TABLE OF CONTENTS
The SAUBHAGYA Scheme completed four years of implementation.
- SAUBHAGYA is one of the largest household electrification drives in the world.
- The scheme was launched in 2017 with the objective of achieving Universal Household Electrification in the country, through last mile connectivity and providing access to electricity to all un-electrified households in rural areas and poor households in urban areas.
Know more about SAUBHAGYA Scheme in the linked article.
- Coir Board was set up under the Coir Industry Act, 1953 by the Government of India for the overall sustainable development of coir industry in the country.
- The functions of the Board as laid down under the Act include undertaking, assisting and encouraging scientific, technological and economic research, modernization, quality improvement, human resource development, market promotion and welfare of all those who are engaged in this industry.
- It is headquartered in Kochi, Kerala.
- The coir industry was concentrated in the State of Kerala, which has now proliferated to other parts of the country also, with the efforts taken by the Board.
- The Board also runs various schemes/programs including R&D activities, training programs, extending financial support for setting up of coir units, domestic as well as export market development, welfare measures to the workers, etc.
Read previous PIB here.
September 25th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here