Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Rashtriya Poshan Maah celebrated at CCRAS
- Ministry of AYUSH and Central Council of Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), all 25 Clinical Research Institutes of CCRAS are conducting various health care activities during the Rashtriya Poshan Maah being observed in the month of September, 2018.
- During the camp, some medicinal plants of daily use (home remedies) have been displayed for the knowledge of patients, importance of nutrition from an Ayurvedic perspective was shared with the participants, visitors and patients, the female patients at IPD were counselled accordingly along with other OPD patients.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers were also sensitized towards the significance of nutrition and the banners, charts and brochures have been prepared, displayed and distributed for creating awareness.
- To improve nutritional outcomes for children, adolescents, pregnant women and lactating mothers by leveraging technology, a targeted approach and convergence, issued directives to its Research Councils and Institutes for conducting activities for the welfare of general public.
24th World Ozone Day Celebrations
- Harsh Vardhan released the draft India Cooling Action Plan (ICAP) and a booklet on ‘Montreal Protocol – India’s Success Story’.
- A refurbished website on the Ozone Cell of the Ministry and a Management Information System (MIS) for Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) were also launched on the occasion.
- India is the first country in world to develop such a document (ICAP), which addresses cooling requirement across sectors and lists out actions which can help reduce the cooling demand.
- “Keep Cool and Carry on”: The Montreal Protocol is the theme of 24th World Ozone Day celebrations.
About: The Montreal Protocol
- The Montreal Protocol is the only environmental treaty which enjoys universal ratification of 197 UN numbers countries.
- The Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer has been recognized as the most successful international environment treaty in history.
- Its implementation has not only led to the phase-out of around 98% of ozone depleting chemicals, but also averted more than 135 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions. Nearly 2 million cases of skin cancer per year have been averted globally.
“Chinta Se Mukti“ mobile app
- ESIC “Chinta Se Mukti“ mobile app is available on UMANG platform of Govt. of India.
- With this app, the Insured Persons can view their contribution history, personal profile, claim status and also their entitlement to benefits.
- Grievances can also be lodged through this app.
- Insured Persons can also view knowledge bank on health topics and audio-visuals on benefits under ESI Scheme.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.